Assertiveness and Managing Conflict In House Agenda 2
This course is designed for people that have regular contact with customers and colleagues alike. It covers the difficulties that arise when dealing with difficult people/situations and how to manage communication to achieve the ‘best result’. It is designed to give delegates many practical tips and techniques and help them get the best out of these difficult situations.
The aims and objectives of the training will enable delegates to:
1. Have a good understanding of assertive behaviours
2. Develop a consistency of approach when dealing with potentially difficult situations
3. Project a positive, tactful and assertive approach when handling difficult people
The course will cover the following topics:
- Giving instructions in a calm, friendly and professional way
- Questioning skills to uncover both facts and needs
- Building instant rapport
- How to give negative news in a positive way
- Ways to handle abusive clients/colleagues
- Proven steps for disarming hostile people
- How to please without over-promising
Understanding assertive behaviour
Delegates will able to recognise passive, aggressive and assertive communication and body language. We will also show how to reduce potential conflict by adopting assertive behaviours.
Communication skills for difficult people
Dealing with assertive, angry and talkative people requires different strategies and techniques. Delegates will learn how to handle difficult situations and maintain control in a calm and professional manner.
Verbal conflict diffusion strategies
Calming strategies and what to say – Handling verbal attack patterns – Dealing with aggressive and hostile personalities – Communicating with unresponsive individuals.
The assertive leader
What are the crucial differences and distinctions between task and relationship behaviour needed to produce decisive assertive actions? We will show delegates how to maintain respect by examining the key factors of assertive leadership.
An introduction to Mediation
Mediation is the process of facilitating the communication between parties in conflict towards understanding, collaboration and agreement. It requires both skill and courage. We will teach the delegates how to plan for and implement a successful mediation strategy.
Recognising and reducing organisational conflict – conflict has many ways of showing itself ranging from anger/frustration to absenteeism to low morale. Group workshops will attempt to identify when conflict contributes to ‘real’ stress and what specific actions are required.
Helping others to manage conflict issues
From group discussion and role-play delegates will learn how to effectively counsel fellow employees to identify stress that arises from conflict and develop agreed solutions.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Trainer-led facilitation
- Role-playing typical situations (using video or audio feedback, if applicable)
- Group work
- Workbook exercises and activities
- Video scenarios with discussion.
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.
Other related courses include mediation skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding Dealing With Difficult People training courses or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
- Training course manuals - for sale
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter - Giving effective feedback
- Leadership Training Newsletter - Making the best of your job
- How to set goals and achieve them using tactics
- Assertiveness Skills training courses Assertiveness Skills Rules of Assertiveness
- Handling Very Difficult Customers - Training course and newsletter information
- Assertiveness Skills training courses: Assertion Self Analaysis
- Assertiveness Skills and Managing Conflict: Simple Assertiveness Techniques
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Time Management Training Courses, Training Newsletter - Managing Meetings
- Assertiveness Skills training courses: Assertion self-analysis test2
- Assertiveness Training Course: Simple Assertiveness Techniques
- Assertiveness Training Course: Assertiveness Links
- Assertiveness Training Course: Our top tips to becoming assertive