Dealing With Difficult People – 1 day course
A problem, any problem, is the difference between what you have got and what you want. Whenever you think this difference comes about because of someone’s actions or behaviour, you have what we are going to call a people-problem. It does not matter whether you are right or wrong in your thinking; all that matters is that you are aware of a gap between what you have got now and what you want and believe it is being caused by someone’s actions. The actions may be those of your spouse, your children, your friends, your colleagues, your subordinates, your boss, your competitors-anyone, in fact, and even yourself.
Our dealing with difficult people courses are one of our popular courses as it effectively demonstrates how to neutralise problem situations in the workplace. It covers a wide range of scenarios that occur in the workplace such as; working with aggressive people, disagreeing with others, handling bullies at work, dealing with ignorant people at work and working with unreasonable people. This course will cover mediation and will show delegates how valuable managing and mediating conflict is when managing or handling difficult staff/employee(s). The dealing with difficult people at work course also provides useful information for working with a difficult boss/manager and guidance on how to deal with bullying in the workplace.
- June 14, 2013
- July 12, 2013
- August 13, 2013
- September 11, 2013
- October 10, 2013
- November 11, 2013
- December 6, 2013
Who will benefit from the course?
This course is of value to managers, supervisors, customer service staff, front line and call centre staff and those who handle the following:
- Aggressive and angry and customers
- Hostile negotiators
- Conflict with colleagues and other departments
- Aggressive and hostile behaviour from senior colleagues and management
- Defensive and angry reactions from team members when reviewing performance
- Continual negativity from colleagues and project team
Delegates will learn how to:
- Develop specific strategies for conflict resolution
- Recognise classic profiles of difficult people and strategies for handling them
- Pre-empt challenging situations and avoid escalating them further
- Develop communication skills designed to improve your delivery of bad or unpleasant news
- Recognise personality types with which you may clash
- Develop assertive skills and behaviours
- Handle aggressive behaviour
- Deliver negative feedback to a colleague or subordinate
- Give positive feedback
- Calm angry, upset and unresponsive individuals
Dealing with Difficult People Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Introduction/course aims and objectives
- The essentials of good communication
- Analysing your conflict resolution profile
- Recognising classic profiles of difficult people
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Recognising the personality types with which you may clash unconsciously
- Handling bullies and aggressive personalities
- Communicating with unresponsive individuals
- Using behavioural modification
- Diffusing conflict
- Role-play and critique
- Action plans
- Course paperwork
- Questions and answers
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Other related courses include assertiveness skills, mediation skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding Dealing With Difficult People training courses or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
- Training course manuals - for sale
- Dealing with conflict and aggression
- Handling Very Difficult Customers - Training course and newsletter information
- Dealing with difficult people - the aggressive person
- Dealing with difficult people - the arrogant person
- Tips for dealing with Difficult People
- Dealing with difficult people at work
- How to deal with difficult people