Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop focuses on managing time using Microsoft Outlook and will not only teach “Time Tips” but will introduce delegates to classic methods of using their time effectively to hit organisational deadlines and increasing productivity.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Delegates will learn skills which will improve planning, assertiveness, setting priorities, decision making, desk and paper management, and communication skills. They will have the skills to manage their priorities; manage themselves to get things done on time; be assertive with colleagues and managers and learn how to say ‘no’; gain sufficient time to complete their most important tasks; effective daily planning; prioritise and schedule tasks; learn to allocate time to each task in its order of priority; deal with interruptions and make effective decisions which affect your time positively.
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
Recognising your ‘time stealers’
Factors causing productivity losses and how to recognise them.
Delegates will analyse the costs of poor time management in relation to work goals and personal achievement.
Planning, prioritising and delegating using Microsoft Outlook
This section of the course shows the delegates how to
- plan essential tasks and time sensitive issues
- keep on top of your important objectives
- plan each day effectively and schedule tasks
- allocate time to each task in its order of priority
- make effective decisions which affect your time positively
- how to delegate and the ‘delegation golden rules’
Delegates will be given the opportunity to use Outlook to plan a ‘typical’ day. They will be asked to ‘juggle’ team, task and client priorities and multi-task activities.
Using the principles of priorities management delegates will be split into groups to organise a daily schedule from a list of very important tasks.
A recent survey showed that only 12% of business managers thought e-mail improved productivity!! This session will give lots of practical tips and techniques about e-mail composition; managing the frequency and quantity of e-mails; and how to prioritise e-mails.
Communication and managing deadlines
Essentials of verbal and written communication. Using Outlook as an essential tool to record communications for projects meetings and one-to-one reviews. Keeping track of communications between customers, colleagues and suppliers.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to listen to a client conversation about managing deadlines for an important project. From the information gained they will have to plan the next stages of the project using SMART objectives whilst taking into account contingencies.
Running effective meetings
Running successful meetings require planning and effective actions from all participants. Because there is a lot to think about when organising a meeting Outlook can be an essential tool to plan the ‘effective meeting’, our meeting planner and checklist can also act as a guide to help you conduct meetings more effectively. Delegates will be shown effective strategies for meetings management.
Assertiveness is one of the essential skills in the modern working environment. There are many time management benefits of being assertive including increased self esteem and the ability to negotiate more effectively.
This section will show delegates:
- the characteristics of an assertive person
- what to say in difficult situations
- improving your assertive delivery
Desk and paper management
Are you suffering from ‘desk stress’ or ‘paper procrastination’. This section sets out tips and techniques which increase your ability to organise your work station and reduce silent interrupters.
Making good decisions for yourself and others is one of the key factors of time management. Delegates will learn the key processes of effective decision making, and the psychology and the habits that prevent the typical manager from being a sound and effective decision maker. They will be given the chance to use a ‘decision maker form’ and make an ‘informed’ decision relating to a typical project scenario.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to email@example.com before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: