This management training course has been developed for managers, team leaders and supervisors. We have designed it to be practical in its focus rather than a purely theoretical course.
Course Aims and Objectives
One of the main responsibilities of the modern manager is to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your team in relation to its goals and to provide the motivation and skills to achieve those goals. This course will help you to improve the direction, motivation and goal achievement of your team.
The ability to give constructive, positive feedback to colleagues in a way which enables them to do their job better is one of the real skills in ‘people management’. Skills needed are communication, assertiveness and the ability to build rapport. This session will allow the group to practice these skills in ‘real situations’ and evaluate their own personal strengths and weaknesses.
Its practical aspects will enable managers to:
- Enable them to be competent at setting goals, standards and objectives, both for the team and individuals
- Handle difficult situations and be able to deal with awkward employees
- Motivate staff through good communication skills
At the end of the course the delegates will develop their own training action plan which they will use as work assignments.
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
Performance management – structure and strategy
- Identifying the factors that drive performance in your team
- Creating values and vision for the future performance of your team
- Setting mid and long-term targets
- Defining performance problems and problem employees
Motivating your team and individuals
- Assessing the current state of motivation within your team
- Motivation theory and practice
- Motivating the demotivated employee to perform
- How to motivate in a fun way
High impact communication skills
- Effective communication to overcoming conflict
- How to deliver bad news
- Using the praise/criticism quadrant for timely and constructive feedback
- Using praise as a catalyst for future excellence
- How to give positive criticism and feedback
Setting effective objectives
- SMART goal setting and how to follow-up
- Essential follow-up and keeping the employee on track
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
The focus of the training is to develop both managers and supervisors on the challenges they face everyday, maximise on current strengths and develop/share good working practises which may already exist. Each delegate will receive a workbook that contains all course materials and exercises.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Role-play (using video feedback depending on group size).
- Group discussion.
- Communication role-plays covering:
- Influencing skills
- Reviewing performance and behaviour
- Giving feedback
- Developing problem solving strategies
- Video scenarios with discussion
- Communication skills role-plays
- Action planning
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.