Why use a total success training manual
If you are looking to run your own training course but lack the materials and the time to develop a fully functional training seminar we produce full range of training manuals which will suit your requirements. All our manuals been written by our own training experts and we can guarantee that each training manual will satisfy your course requirements. Every manual covers full agenda of the course.
We have been running our courses since 1995 and have trained 1000’s of people via open courses and in-company seminars. We guarantee that the course manual you buy is the one we train.
We offer training manuals for these courses:
This appraisal course manual will teach delegates how to raise the motivation of employees and improve performance through setting objectives; giving effective feedback and praise. This performance management course also provides tips and techniques for managing conflict in appraisals as well as showing delegates how to write effective performance reviews quickly, easily and effectively. Delegates who have taken our appraisal courses have gone on to see a dramatic increase in staff performance through applying the strategies they have learnt in the art of ‘appraising employees successfully’.
- How to structure the interview
- How to build rapport and relax the appraisee
- How to avoid appraisal pitfalls
- How to praise and criticise constructively
- How to pre-empt and handle difficult situations
- How to complete the appraisal form clearly and objectively
- How to ensure great performance is maintained after the appraisal
Assertiveness is one of the essential skills in the modern working environment. There are many benefits of being assertive such as; better time management, increased ability to manage staff and customers; increased self esteem and the ability to negotiate more effectively. Assertiveness training will provide delegates with effective tactics to build courage and manage difficult, demanding and aggressive behaviours.
- Assertiveness self-assessment
- Learn to recognise assertive behaviour and its positive results in the workplace
- Developing assertive body language
- Developing confidence and self-esteem
- Developing an assertive vocal image
- Giving feedback, criticism and praise
- Understanding and asserting your rights
- Challenging and changing negative and destructive internal dialogue
- Accessing external resources and self-help strategies
Coaching for Managers
Our ‘Coaching for Managers’ course manual will show delegates methods about 1-2-1 training; executive coaching and how to develop people in order to improve productivity and motivation. We explain how to coach staff to achieve the impossible in terms of team development and business performance.
It will also show you how to plan, prepare and implement a coaching programme for induction courses and how to evaluate its success. It also looks at the relationship between coaching, mentoring and training.
- Relationship of coaching, training and managing
- Coaching overview of coaching
- Spotting coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Questionnaire-Coaching style analysis
- Coaching overview
- Recognise the need/challenge
- Assess the opportunities
- Empowerment and influence
- Identifying fall-back factors
- Review and evaluate
- Planning the next step
- One to one training
- Giving and receiving feedback
Customer Service and Customer Care
Every customer using your organisation should receive a positive and seamless service that is professional, efficient and responsive. Customers who are handled well will notice the good service, bring more business and hopefully build a long term relationship with you. Customers who are not handled well may damage your reputation and take their business to the competition. If you or your staff have to deal with customers both face to face or over the telephone then effective Customer Care training is essential in enabling you to develop a Customer Caring or ‘Customers First’ attitude to delivering service effectively and consistently.
- Customer Service Essentials
- Creating the right impression with customers
- Importance of the customer to the organisation – Strategies for Customer Retention
- Time management for customer service
- Improving Internal Customer ServiceProfessional telephone tips
- Managing Customer Perceptions
- Assertiveness skills for customer service professionals
- Handling complaints and difficult customer behaviour
- Positive under pressure
- Writing complaint letters
Dealing With Difficult People
The dealing with difficult people courses are one of our popular courses as it effectively demonstrates how to neutralise problem situations in the workplace. It covers a wide range of scenarios that occur in the workplace such as; working with aggressive people, disagreeing with others, handling bullies at work, dealing with ignorant people at work and working with unreasonable people. This course will cover mediation and will show delegates how valuable managing and mediating conflict is when managing or handling difficult staff/employee(s). The dealing with difficult people at work course manual also provides useful information for working with a difficult boss/manager and guidance on how to deal with bullying in the workplace.
- Develop specific strategies for conflict resolution
- Recognise classic profiles of difficult people and strategies for handling them
- Pre-empt challenging situations and avoid escalating them further
- Develop communication skills designed to improve your delivery of bad or unpleasant news
- Recognise personality types with which you may clash
- Develop assertive skills and behaviours
- Handle aggressive behaviour
- Deliver negative feedback to a colleague or subordinate
- Give positive feedback
- Calm angry, upset and unresponsive individuals
Disciplinary Procedures and Correcting Performance
Our ‘Correcting Poor Performance and Disciplinary Procedures Course manual’ addresses the problem that, in a recent survey showed that 75% of UK managers were unaware of the correct procedures for how to discipline employees effectively. It’s not just about getting rid of difficult staff, the modern manager must know the correct procedures for dealing with under-performing staff and how to conduct a disciplinary meeting effectively. The manual also give tips and techniques for improving staff performance; understanding what is a disciplinary procedure; carrying out a disciplinary meeting and interview effectively.
- How to avoid disciplinary problems in the first place
- How to create disciplinary rules and disciplinary procedures
- How to deal with disciplinary issues that do occur.
- When dismissal is, and when it is not, the best option
- Defining problems and problem employees
- The causes of disciplinary and performance problems
- Your impact on discipline and performance
- Investigating, fact finding and documenting evidence
- Planning the disciplinary meeting
This course will cover the practical skills needed for successful interviewing and our reputation for effective recruitment training has been endorsed by many delegates. It allows delegates to understand the stages of carrying out interviews and shows them how to conduct an effective interview so that they are able to attract the best candidates and choose the best person for the job. This manual guarantees to deliver the best employment strategies, tips and techniques for better interviewing and recruiting skills.
- The purpose of the interview
- Preparation for the interview
- Gain winning interview skills
- Give better interviews
- Be a better interviewer and learn how to interview effectively
- Following Up
- Recruitment and employment law.
Introduction to Selling
This is manual is highly structured, interactive and focuses on bringing out the best of the delegates in a supportive environment. It gives selling techniques ‘that really work’ in the real world’.
- Learn professional techniques
- Describe the key features of selling
- Improve the selling power of your choice
- Plan and manage your sales target in a better way
- Design sales contact strategy
- Understanding why customer buy
- Uncover the customer’s needs
- Increase self esteem and reduction in stress
- Handle objections tactfully
- Negotiate more effectively
Leadership and Teambuilding
Leadership and team building is a training course that is both challenging and practical. The content of the course aims to teach the fundamental ‘people management skills’ in a positive and constructive environment. It has been designed to enable delegates to understand the basic fundamentals of strategy and motivation in team building. Delegates will benefit by learning tips and techniques that will increase their competence and confidence when managing, influencing and leading teams and individuals.
- Analysing your leadership style
- Team development issues
- Are you a leader or a manager?
- Essential management skills
- Setting standards and follow up
- Developing your own leadership development strategy
- Motivation theory and practice
- Managing conflict
- Appraisal/development skills
- Analysing training needs
- Decision making
- Creating a team identity
- Pre-empting conflict
Letter and Report Writing
Our letter and report writing course is tailored to the needs of delegates who already retain business writing skills and those who would like to gain further knowledge. Our letter writing course manual will allow delegates to gain useful letter writing tools, tips and techniques and also includes constructive letter and report templates. Delegates who have trained with us have effectively applied the skills gained from this course to their everyday workplace correspondence. This manual will also demonstrate the particulars of writing effective emails, whilst improving punctuation and grammar.
- How to write a good report
- How to write effective letters
- How to write professionally
- How to write confidently
- How to write a standard letter
- How to write a formal report
- How to write a complaint letter
Managing The Difficult Employees
This course manual provide better techniques to ‘handle problem people’ or ‘deal with difficult staff’. Its focus is to teach managers more effective ways of managing performance or attitude problems before they become serious and what to do if action is needed. It is packed with many practical tips and techniques and help managers manage all difficult situations confidently and competently.
- The causes of conflict – how to recognise and pre-empt them
- The assertive leader – managing situations confidently
- Strategies for managing the difficult conversation – early interventions
- Analysing your conflict resolution profile and behavioural style
- Recognising classic profiles of difficult people and how to manage them
- Deciding when to take the most appropriate action
- Building a case to tackle the difficult employee through investigation and documention
- Managing inefficiency and poor performance issues
- Tackling attitude and behaviour issues confidently
- Communicating with unresponsive individuals
- Handling hostile and aggressive situations
Our mediation skills training manual provide a wide range of skills for a mediator to be successful. The role of the mediator is to help parties reach a solution to their problem and to arrive at an outcome that both parties are happy to accept. Mediators avoid taking sides, making judgements or giving guidance. They are simply responsible for developing effective communications and building consensus between the parties. The focus of a mediation meeting is to reach a common sense settlement agreeable to both parties in a case.
- The Pros and Cons of mediation
- Taking a strategic approach to dispute and conflict resolution
- Preparing for mediation
- Understanding the mediation process
- Essential mediation skills you must master
- Dealing with deadlock
- Closing the mediation and confirming the result
- Understanding when mediation is not appropriate and selecting the right alternative
By developing negotiating skills delegates will become more confident, assertive, motivated, achieve better working relationships and obtain more win-win deals. Course content will be challenging, thought provoking, motivational and above all fun. Candidates will use a variety of learning tools including workshops, games, real life scenarios, workshops and open learning. The training manual examines and evaluates the different styles of negotiation available and then uses practical role plays to help the delegates understand how to use the skills needed to become expert negotiators.
- Identifying objectives and all factors affecting negotiation
- Understanding the four phases of effective negotiations
- Understanding open and hidden agendas
- Approach, planning and preparation
- Effective openings
- Focusing on outcomes not positions
- Planning workable concessions and alternatives
- Listening, questioning and assertion skills
- Creating a ‘win-win’ situation
- Bargaining skills
- Dealing with objections and underhand tactics
The presentation training manual that we provide are packed full of presentation tips and techniques that demonstrate strategies which will show delegates how to reduce nerves in presentations and to allow them to present confidently when presenting to clients or colleagues. Presentation training will allow delegates to build on their presenting skills; make better presentations; enjoy making presentations and teach delegates how to present successfully.
- Presentation principles
- One minute presentations and critique
- Establishing presentation aims and key messages
- Creating powerful beginnings and endings
- Keeping audience attention
- Presenting with PowerPoint
- Overcoming fear
- Voice projection skills – techniques to improve your vocal image.
- Essential body language – maximise your non-verbal image
Managing projects is not easy, but it is a crucial task in the workplace. Our Project Management training manual will present delegates with useful strategies that will assist them with:
- Organising projects
- Improving project management skills
- Managing projects effectively
- Project planning
- Becoming a great project manager
- Defining the project and developing a project strategy
- Monitoring and control
- Understanding and using project planning tools
- Effective leadership
- Delegation and motivation
- Post implementation review
We live in a period of enormous change. Whilst many of us see this as a time of confusion, anxiety and loss of control, others are thriving on the excitement, opportunity and challenge. The challenge we must all meet is a forecast doubling in pace of change over the next five years. Total Success recognise the need for training that gives real business benefits for both delegates and their organisations.
- What is pressure and what is stress?
- The 3 stages of pressure
- Recognising your own stressors
- Personality types and reactions to stress
- How your beliefs and perceptions cause stress
- Managing yourself
- Does your job cause stress?
- What else causes stress?
- Developing a stress strategy
Selling on the telephone is very different from face-to-face sales and a telesales team require a specific set of skills and techniques if they are to be successful. It is not enough just to give them a contact list and tell them to ‘get on with it’. Successful results in telephone sales is a by product of successful telesales training.
- Why customers buy
- Opening the call
- Questioning techniques and need finding
- Benefit selling
- Closing skills
- Handling objections
- Appointment making
Telephone Skills and Customer Care
Customer Care training is essential in enabling you to develop a Customer Caring or ‘Customers First’ attitude delivering service effectively and consistently.
The Telephone Skills and Customer Care course is for those wishing to learn telephone etiquette and handling customers on the telephone. It’s designed for organisations who believe their customer service staff would benefit from an injection of valuable tips and techniques when handling difficult customers (such as rude, angry or aggressive customers) as part of their daily duties.
- Projecting a professional image, building rapport, voice presentation skills.
- Customer service essentials
- Understanding the power of the phone and how to use it to influence
- Call planning and follow up
- Active listening techniques, hearing the whole picture.
- Questioning and summarising skills
- How to direct calls and not leave the customer hanging on
- Putting your customers at ease
- Time management on the telephone
- Handling complaints and angry customers
- Managing different customer behaviour
- Recovery strategies and how to turn a complaint into a happy customer
- The power of a good attitude
Time management has been in existence for more than 100 years. Unfortunately the term “Time management” creates a false impression of what a person is able to do. Time can’t be managed, time is uncontrollable; we can only manage ourselves and our use of time.
Our time management course Training manuals covers wide ranges of subjects from prioritising, delegating, assertiveness, managing interruptions, managing e-mail, using Outlook , tasks etc.
- Manage priorities and schedule tasks
- Increase work effectiveness and productivity
- Enjoy a more balanced lifestyle
- Feel more in control of their daily activities
- Reduce the stress which results from a lack of effective time planning
- Manage themselves to get things done on time and manage deadlines
- Co-ordinate effective meetings
- Manage their reactive behaviours with colleagues, interruptions and e-mails to gain sufficient time complete their most important tasks
- Effectively plan for short, medium and long term objectives
- Allocate time to each task in its order of priority
Train The Trainer
Our Train the Trainer Course manual is full of practical tools and techniques that include:
- Fundamentals for becoming a trainer
- Running a training course
- Delivering a training session successfully
- How to write and structure training
- Factors for effective training skills
- What makes a good trainer?
- Effective training practice and procedure
- Body language and voice projection skills
- Classroom training versus one-to-one training