This course is designed for telemarketers who make a significant number of prospecting calls and telesales professionals who have to handle a large number of incoming sales calls. The type of individual who thrives in this type of environment needs to be very customer focused, intuitive to customer needs, have the ability to think quickly in difficult situations and be organised. The focus is to instill an ethos of ‘looking after the needs of the customer’ whilst maintaining the objectives and core values and of the organisation. It is written with both the customer and the organisation in mind to maximise on potential sales and build client loyalty.
Course Aims and Objectives
- Understand and use rapport building techniques when talking to customers
- Deal with customer enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Deal with objections and difficult customers calmly and efficiently
- Motivate themselves when ‘times get tough’
- Plan calls effectively so that they can focus on the call objective
- Maintain an ongoing call strategy so that they can benchmark both skills and activities
- Project a positive image with each call they take or make
More and more companies are increasing their use of the telephone as the quickest and most convenient way of establishing customer contacts. It is essential that all members of the telesales team represent the organisation in a professional and friendly way and communicate effectively to ensure that the business is not lost.
- Introducing your organisation in a professional manner
- Listening skills and note taking
- How to input information and keep the flow of the conversation with the client
- Questioning skills to uncover both facts and needs
- Summarising conversations and confirming details.
- Building instant rapport with callers
- Maintaining client rapport, conveying support and building trust
- Understanding and selling to customer ‘wants’ and ‘needs’
- Selling the benefits of your product or service
- Closing smoothly and effectively
- Dealing with objections and maintaining control
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Introductions and objectives
Professional telephone techniques
Projecting a professional image is one of the keys to professional selling. Delegates will understand the techniques of making effective outgoing calls; how to build rapport with clients; how voice presentation skills can enhance the conversation; and how to create good first impressions on both internal and external calls.
Even basic planning helps the salesperson to plan and develop strategies for each call. By using group work and role-plays, we will show how even basic planning can help delegates understand the customer and increase value in the sale.
Opening the call with powerful attention-getters
Sensational openings produce successful sales. The effective telephone sales person understands the importance of powerful ‘attention-getters’ designed specifically to improve the positioning of the product and the organisation with the customer.
Overcoming the gate keeper
How you deal with the gatekeeper is one of the essential factors for call completions. We show tips on how to reach your key contact more effectively.
Qualifying the customer
By gaining basic, but vital, information from the customer will save delegates time and enable them to consolidate and strengthen the sale. We will show delegates what type of information is essential to collect at the beginning and at the end of the call to ensure each and every call is productive.
How to make quality appointments
This part of the course will examine techniques that improve appointment making. Delegates will also learn how to get past the gatekeeper and how to open up unresponsive prospects.
Unless the salesperson satisfies customer needs there can be no sale. The ability to use open and closed questions to uncover ‘real’ customer needs separates the average from the successful telephone sales person. Delegates will learn how to use questions to discover customer needs, challenges and problems and how to use these to create value in the solutions their products provided.
If you have opened the sale well and gained the “buyer’s’ interest and attention, uncovered needs and agreed them with the customer the next stage is to present the benefits of your product, idea or service. To do this effectively sales people must be able to add value to their product and present both known and unknown benefits to build customer desire.
To sell you must be able to close. Delegates will learn when it is best to close the sale, closing techniques designed to give them confidence in ‘asking for the order’ and how to pre-empt possible objections.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Role-play (using video/audio feedback depending on group size).
- Video scenarios with discussion.
- Group discussion.
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT