The ability to train staff is one of the essential skills of the effective manager. Coaching sessions must have identifiable objectives, be well structured and include elements of evaluation for it to be truly effective.
Course Aims and Objectives
- This course has been designed for managers who wish to sharpen their coaching skills and learn new and innovative techniques in coaching design, construction and delivery.
- The program content is based on time-tested coaching principles including modules on: learning theory, setting objectives, design, delivery, use of visual aids, learning styles and training evaluation methods. We have placed a great emphasis on the use of positive reinforcement to develop the skills needed to become an effective coach.
- All sessions are covered in a comprehensive Coaching for Managers course manual that doubles as a useful post-course reference for future development
By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- Design a coaching programme that can be adapted to training at any level
- Use a structured approach to training design and delivery
- Highlight the key teaching and learning points of the session and train to achieve those objectives
- Organise the logistics of a coaching session
- Deliver the training in a credible and creative way
- Ensure the training is interactive and interesting
- Gain feedback to evaluate the training’s progress
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the skills and strategies taught
- Enable effective follow-thorough by use of post training templates
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
An introduction to coaching
Coaching overview- A planned approach for success. Through discussion we will investigate the modern concepts of business coaching and how it affects productivity, team building and motivation. Delegates will learn how the use the ‘competency stairway’ to understand how trainees learn effectively.
- Relationship between coaching, training and managing
- Spotting coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Coaching overview
Coaching and development
This session focusses on the development opportunities that coaching provides. We will show delegates methods of tying coaching methods to employee development, annual objectives and KPIs. We will cover the following topics:
- Analysing the team’s training needs using Training Matrices
- Planning an individual development strategies
- Tying KPI’s to long term performance strategies
- Setting meaningful targets and performance plans
- Delegation and its relationship with coaching
- Planning the next step in the coaching process
What is your coaching style?
Delegates will complete a questionnaire that analyses their coaching style and how this can positively and negatively impact upon the learning style of the member of staff they are training. Delegates will plan a coaching session based on lessons learnt in this session and discuss how to make coaching impactful.
Introducing the coaches ‘Toolkit’
We will equip our trainee coaches with all the tools needed to plan team training needs; create development plans and follow through training plans that benchmark progress in productivity.
How to plan for and conduct a one-to-one training session
There are excellent strategies for one-to-one training. We will show delegates how to develop an effective training and coaching process so that they are able to train individuals confidently and effectively. Delegates will be given a short brief to carry out a one-to-one training sessions and their performance will be analysed and an action plan developed which they can use for future training and coaching.
Giving effective feedback to colleagues
The ability to give constructive, positive feedback to colleagues in a way which enables them to do their job better is one of the real skills in ‘people management’. Skills needed are communication, assertiveness and the ability to build rapport. This session will allow the group to practice these skills in ‘real situations’ and evaluate their own personal strengths and weaknesses.
Delegates will learn the following:
- how to spot situations that require intervention
- how to give positive criticism and constructive feedback
- action plans and essential follow-up to keep the problem employee on track
- how to deliver unwanted news and sensitive issues with confidence and compassion
Understanding team motivation and how to influence and persuade individuals
From theory to practice this module allows you to recognise the huge number of motivational opportunities and how to use them to build strong teams. This session develops into a blueprint of motivational ideas all managers can incorporate into their daily activities to improve morale and increase productivity.
Action planning for future development
In this session we will introduce the delegates to the tools and forms that they will use to enable their trainees to plan for and take ownership of their learning and development. They will learn the skills to review and discuss learning opportunities for the benefit of their trainees.
The focus of the training is to develop the both managers and team leaders on the challenges they face everyday, maximise on current strengths and develop/share good working practices which may already exist.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Trainer-led facilitation
- Role-playing typical situations (using video or audio feedback, if applicable)
- Group work
- Workbook exercises and activities
- Video scenarios with discussion.
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT