This course will ensure your staff always project the correct image to your potential customers and clients to make your company stand out from the crowd. It is designed for anyone who has both face to face and telephone contact with customers and is written with both the customer and the organisation in mind to maximise service and customer care.
Why is Customer Service such an important factor in our increasingly technological world?
It is essential that all employees represent their organisation in a professional and friendly way. Clear and effective communication is essential to ensure that the business is not lost. If your staff are not trained properly on handling your important customers; how much business are they putting at risk?
Every customer using your organisation should receive a positive and seamless service that is professional, efficient and responsive. Customers who are handled well will notice the good service, bring more business and hopefully build a long term relationship with you. Customers who are not handled well may damage your reputation and take their business to the competition.
If you or your staff have to deal with customers both face to face or over the telephone then effective Customer Care training is essential in enabling you to develop a Customer Caring or ‘Customers First’ attitude to delivering service effectively and consistently. Total Success run a one-day Customer Service and Customer Care course for those wishing to learn tips and techniques on how to handle difficult customers on the telephone and and a one-day Course on dealing with difficult customers.
For those who’s customer service training requires tips and techniques in both telephone and face to face skills in handling difficult customers (such as rude, angry or aggressive customers) as part of their daily duties we also provide a Customer Service and Customer Care training course that deals with these types of customer. It also covers handling customer complaints; tips for retaining customers and how to diffuse customer conflict quickly and efficiently.
Course Aims and Objectives
- This course has been designed for managers who wish to sharpen their coaching skills and learn new and innovative techniques in coaching design, construction and delivery.
- The program content is based on time-tested coaching principles including modules on: learning theory, setting objectives, design, delivery, use of visual aids, learning styles and training evaluation methods. We have placed a great emphasis on the use of positive reinforcement to develop the skills needed to become an effective coach.
- All sessions are covered in a comprehensive Customer Service & Customer Care course manual that doubles as a useful post-course reference for future development
By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- Have a good understanding of customer care issues
- Develop a consistency of approach when answering the phone
- Deal with customer enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Deal with queries and difficult/angry customers calmly and efficiently
- Develop an attitude of ‘ownership’ when dealing with customer queries
- Project a positive image with each call they take or make
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Customer Service Essentials
Delegates will examine the factors that make up excellent customer service and how these are important for effective communication and client satisfaction. These will include:
- Positive body language for service professionals
- Creating great first impressions when meeting and greeting
- The importance of dress
- Using appropriate language
- How to control and influence through effective communication
Professional telephone tips
The telephone is the most used business communication tool. Understanding the power and the pitfalls of telephone communications enables the telephone professional to be perceived as both confident and competent. Topics covered in this session will include:
- Understand the techniques of answering the phone effectively
- How to build rapport with clients
- Capturing information correctly
- How voice presentation skills can enhance the conversation
- How to create good first impressions and how to control the call
Positive under pressure
Maintaining a positive approach to client contact is essential for service professionals. We will show ways of keeping a confident attitude and approach at all times.
Managing Client Perceptions
“Our realities are merely the perceptions we place around our experiences”. Understanding client perceptions is the ‘key’ to ensuring excellent client service and a real focus on the wants and needs of the client. We will examine many situations relevant to the organisation and look at ways of reinforcing or changing the client’s perception of your organisation as being one of ‘the best’.
Essential time management and organisation
One of the essentials for increased productivity is organisation. We will show effective time management tips and techniques and how each person can achieve more in an average day.
Communication skills for difficult clients
Dealing with assertive, angry and talkative clients requires different strategies and techniques. Delegates will learn how to handle difficult situations and maintain control in a calm and professional manner.
- Recognising the verbal and visual signs of conflict
- Understanding the causes of conflict, stress and aggression
- How to diffuse conflict verbally
- How to avoid escalating conflict
- How to manage very difficult behaviour
Proposed methods of training will include:
- All sessions will be trainer facilitated to maximize on delegate participation
- Role-play (using video/audio feedback depending on group size).
- Video scenarios with discussion.
- Group discussion and workshops.
- Delegates will produce an action plan of skills, techniques and strategies that can be used by their managers for future training and counseling
All delegates will receive a 40-page workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
Course Close 4.00
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.