Delegation allows you to move from what you can do personally to what you can manage. Delegation is one of the most important and effective management skills. Without the ability to delegate effectively, it is impossible for you to advance in management to higher positions of responsibility.
Course Aims and Objectives
Our programme enables delegates to understand the techniques and strategies that will allow them to use Delegation as a tool to achieve greater personal productivity; to hit organisational deadlines; increase motivation and decrease stress levels.
It is recognised that the best managers are the ones who can delegate. The modern manager, with ever increasing work loads and responsibilities must use the delegation of responsibility to encourage career growth amongst his/her staff.
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Delegation Skills Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Why should you delegate?
- What defines effective delegations?
- What to delegate and what not to delegate
- ‘Delegation Ground Rules’
- How to carry out a delegation meeting effectively
- Using delegation to motivate your team
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Effective communication planning and managing deadlines
- Using a Delegation Planner to plan effective delegations
- Utilising Microsoft Outlook to track and trace delegations
- Time management strategies
- Effective monitoring and follow up of delegated tasks
- Project management tips for delegation completion
Who will benefit from the course?
Our appraisal training seminars enable delegates to understand the processes which will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement. Anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of an effective performance review; including senior/junior managers, supervisors, training/hr managers, directors, administrative and technical staff.
What will delegates learn?
The skills, if used consistently, will enable delegates to:
- increase work effectiveness and productivity
- manage deadlines more effectively
- enjoy a more balanced lifestyle
- feel more in control of their daily activities
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
- All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.