This Course addresses the problem that, in a recent survey showed that 75% of UK managers were unaware of the correct procedures for how to discipline employees effectively. It’s not just about getting rid of difficult staff, the modern manager must know the correct procedures for dealing with under-performing staff and how to conduct a disciplinary meeting effectively.
Course Aims and Objectives
In today’s challenging times, highly productive and motivated staff are key to business survival. More and more managers are tasked with improving standards of staff performance and behaviour and implementing good work practices. Managers throughout the UK have to cope with many challenges, whether improving poor performance or managing underperformers in the workplace.
We receive many requests from managers who wish to know; ‘how to correct poor performance?’; ‘how to fire difficult employees?’; ‘how to get rid of poor staff performance?’ or ‘what’s the best way to sack someone?’. These managers clearly have a discipline or performance problem and are seeking an easy way to get rid of poor staff performance but they may lack the skills necessary to ‘turn around the difficult or challenging employee’.
Many delegates have commented on the effectiveness of the course in giving them tips and techniques for improving staff performance; understanding what is a disciplinary procedure; carrying out a disciplinary meeting and interview effectively.
Ultimately, by using the recognised ACAS procedures for disciplining staff you will not just get rid of poor staff performance, but get the most out of your staff.
The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
This course allows managers and supervisors to examine safe disciplinary practice and demonstrates tried and tested ways to ‘turn around’ poorly performing employees. The aim of this course is to provide a practical insight into the handling of disciplinary and dismissal issues. We will show:
- How to avoid disciplinary problems in the first place
- How to create disciplinary rules and disciplinary procedures
- How to deal with disciplinary issues that do occur.
- When dismissal is, and when it is not, the best option
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Defining problems and problem employees
- The causes of disciplinary and performance problems
- Your impact on discipline and performance
- Investigating, fact finding and documenting evidence
- Effective action plans
- Planning the disciplinary meeting
- Interviewing skills
- Essential follow-up and keeping the employee on track
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Trainer-led facilitation
- Role-playing typical situations (using video or audio feedback, if applicable)
- Group work
- Workbook exercises and activities
- Video scenarios with discussion.
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.
Other related courses include mediation skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding Dealing With Difficult People training courses or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
Online courses from £15.00
Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Click on the links below for further information.
Click HERE for more online courses
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.