This course is designed to teach practical skills and enable all delegates to be both competent and confident in their ability to write all types of document to clients, directors and senior managers.
Course Aims and Objectives
Although effective writing is an important part of the modern business, few employees receive help with documents or writing guidance. Many employees admit that they feel insecure about their composition, structure and writing skills. This course is designed to teach practical skills and enable all delegates to be both competent and confident in their ability to write all types of document to clients, directors and senior managers.
By the end of this part of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write powerful correspondence that both influences and persuades
- Describe the key steps involved in the preparation of an email or letter
- Structure a document in a logical sequence
- Write an interesting and persuasive email or letter
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Key steps to ensure successful letter and e-mail writing
- Using AIDA for sales-related correspondence to create positive impact
- What factors influence customer responses
- 5 classic do’s and don’ts for writing with impact
Exercise – Examining the essentials of the ‘customer analysis checklist’ when writing letters and emails
- Customer transition in sales and the power of words
- How to interest and persuade the reader
- Understanding the difference between ‘corporate buying motives’ and ‘personal influencers’
Exercise – Using ‘the correspondence checklist’ to ensure your emails and letters are complete and create impact
- Planning and structuring the correspondence
- Tips and techniques for writing effective emails that get responses
Exercise – Using mind-maps to structure a letter for immediate impact
Exercise – Letter and e-mail analysis
How to write letters dealing effectively with customer concerns
- Writing in plain English
- Understanding the issues
- Responding accordingly
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Replying to legitimate and non-legitimate concerns and considerations
Practical exercise-responding to a customer
Summary of day and action planning
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
The focus of the training is to develop both managers and supervisors on the challenges they face everyday, maximise on current strengths and develop/share good working practises which may already exist. Each delegate will receive a workbook that contains all course materials and exercises.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Role-play (using video feedback depending on group size).
- Group discussion.
- Communication role-plays covering:
- Influencing skills
- Reviewing performance and behaviour
- Giving feedback
- Developing problem solving strategies
- Video scenarios with discussion
- Communication skills role-plays
- Action planning
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.
Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT