The aim of this short coaching seminar is to teach delegates tips, techniques, strategies and the art of the successful recruitment interview.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To enable delegates to evaluate the most effective ways of responding to questions
- To enable delegates to prepare for effective selection interviews
- To describe some of the most important interviewing skills.
- To give an understanding of the pitfalls for interviewees that are badly prepared
Within the coaching we will also be looking at:
- Interview planning
- How to structure your responses to questions
- Building rapport and creating great first impressions
- How to be in control when dealing with tough questions
- Simple body language analysis and how to maximise your verbal image
- How to impress the interviewer with your responses
All delegates will be videoed at least once in realistic interview situations and the video critiqued for performance and effectiveness.
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
Understanding the interview from the interviewer’s point of view
What are interviewers looking for and how to match expectation with reality. We will also discuss the factors that research has shown impress interviewers
Common mistakes made by interviewees
Understand the key factors that put interviewers off and how to avoid them.
How to plan for the interview
Matching interview requirements to current skills. Expecting the unexpected and how to plan for contingencies. We will also discuss proven methods for increasing confidence and how to minimise your reactions to fear.
Opening effectively – creating great first impressions
Delegates will learn how to influence the ‘vital first 90 seconds’ and increase their confidence. This will also include communication tips that impress interviewers. Delegates will role-play and receive feedback using video/audio.
Maximising your visual image – body language and dress
Body language tips. Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses and how to build on your strengths.
Communication skills for interviewees
Active listening skills and how to answer the awkward question confidently.
Planning your responses and how to answer questions assertively and confidently. We will also discuss answers to typical interview questions.
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
The focus of the training is to develop both managers and supervisors on the challenges they face everyday, maximise on current strengths and develop/share good working practises which may already exist. Each delegate will receive a workbook that contains all course materials and exercises.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Role-play (using video feedback depending on group size).
- Group discussion.
- Communication role-plays covering:
- Influencing skills
- Reviewing performance and behaviour
- Giving feedback
- Developing problem solving strategies
- Video scenarios with discussion
- Communication skills role-plays
- Action planning
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.