This course is designed to give new salespeople the confidence to appoint, present to and close potential customers. We use a combination of learning methods but place emphasis on role-play based on products and services relevant to the delegate’s own organisations.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To enable sales staff to promote the organisation’s products and services to existing and new clients
- To generate extra income from these products and services whilst supporting the objectives and core values of the organisation
- Have the sales team develop a consistency of approach when selling over the phone and project a professional and positive image with each call they make
In developing the course content we place emphasis on empowering staff that have a range of skills and experiences to develop greater quality in their work and increase sales productivity. The training will focus on the following:
- The psychology and principles of selling
- How to create positive first impressions
- Building trust and rapport with your customers
- Using questions to uncover customer needs
- Listening skills
- Understanding features and selling benefits
- Identifying buying signals
- Understanding and handling objections with ease
- Closing the sale
- Appointment making
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Understand the psychology of selling and why customers buy
Customer transition and the psychology of buying. We all go through a specific process when we decide to buy goods and services. We will show delegates how to match their sale with the customer’s buying sequence so that they can actively sell to ‘real’ needs and wants.
Organisation strategies for future sales
Recording customer details for the future enables the salesperson to maximise the potential from the customer. Delegates will discover the essential details to collect that will help them to plan for both call backs and repeat enquiries.
Customer Style Analysis
Building rapport is not just analysing what the customer is saying but also understanding the customer business style and personality. In this way the tele-professional will be able to recognise the type and style of personality they are dealing with and can ‘slot’ quickly and easily with the client ensuring a smooth communication process. By using a behavioural style questionnaire, delegates will be able to understand their ‘business style profile’ and how to use it to influence the customer.
Using questions to uncover customer needs
The ability to use open and closed questions to uncover ‘real’ customer needs separates the average from the successful telephone sales person. Delegates will learn how to use questions to discover customer needs, challenges and problems and how to use these to create value in the solutions their products provided.
Understanding features and selling benefits
Features are only important if they satisfy the needs of the client. If they do, the customer can see the benefit of what you are proposing. Sales people must be able to add value to their product and present both known and unknown benefits to build customer desire.
Positive under pressure
Maintaining a positive approach to customer contact is essential for the telephone professional. We will show ways of keeping a confident attitude and approach at all times.
Recognising buying motives and identifying buying signals
Knowing what motivates your customer to buy your product or service is important if you are to be successful in choosing the correct approach for your sale. Recognising when you are near to closing the deal is also an essential skill if you’re looking to maximise your sales success.
Closing the sale
To sell you must be able to close. Delegates will learn when it is best to close the sale, closing techniques designed to give them confidence in ‘asking for the order’ and how to pre-empt possible objections.
The ability to deal with objections is an essential skill in sales. We will focus on how delegates can control the call so that they are able to deal with all objections calmly and confidently. We will cover; understanding the types of objection; dealing with objections effectively; overcoming the gate-keeper and keeping control during a call.
Role-play and critique
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Trainer-led facilitation
- Role-playing typical situations (using video or audio feedback, if applicable)
- Group work
- Workbook exercises and activities
- Video scenarios with discussion.
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.
Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT
Other related courses include mediation skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding Dealing With Difficult People training courses or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.