This course is tailored to the needs of delegates who already retain business writing skills and those who would like to gain further knowledge on useful letter writing tools, tips and techniques and also includes constructive letter and report templates.
Course Aims and Objectives
Are your employees confident and competent when writing letters and reports? Do they write so that their readers can understand the message from a single reading? Do their documents contribute positively to your organisation’s image?
Although writing is an important part of working life, few employees receive help with documents or writing guidance. Many employees admit that they feel insecure about their grammar and writing skills. This course is designed to teach practical skills and enable all delegates to be both competent and confident in their written communication.
Following this course delegates will:
- Be able to write more effective letters and emails in less time
- Learn how to write letters, emails and reports that interest the reader and increase the power to influence
- Learn to use several new techniques which will take the pain out of preparing a letter, email or report
- Develop confidence in their written communication skills
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Letter and Email Writing
By the end of this part of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe the key steps involved in the preparation of any letter or email
- structure an email or letter in a logical sequence
- write interesting and persuasive emails and letters
- explain the importance of good design and layout
- construct letters and emails dealing with complaints
- Key steps to ensure successful letter writing
- Collecting and sequencing ideas
- Planning and structuring the letter
- How to interest and persuade the reader
- Writing in plain English
- Punctuation and grammar exercises
- Design, presentation and layout
- How to write letters dealing effectively with complaints
- How to use language that is assertive, persuasive and customer caring
This course is designed to lead to practical skills that delegates can use to become both competent and confident in writing reports of any length. The course focuses on structure and style in report writing whilst emphasising the importance of effective English to create impact. Delegates are encouraged to bring with them examples of reports which they can use to analyse during the course. The course agenda includes:
- The four key steps to perfect reports
- Techniques for perfect report writing
- Report writing exercises
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Trainer-led facilitation
- Role-playing typical situations
- Group work
- Workbook exercises and activities
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.
Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT