Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Performance Reviews are an important part of running an effective business and have a number of benefits. For example; they establish individual training needs, enable individuals to develop, motivate and engage employees and empower relationships between managers and employees.
This e-learning course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of why performance reviews are important and how to manage effective performance review meetings. On completion, learners will be able to delivering effective performance feedback and set clear and effective development goals.
On completion of this Virtual College course
- Describe why performance reviews are important
- Explain what performance reviews are
- Demonstrate how to set clear, effective goals and objectives
- Use a coaching approach to set goals and review performance
- Complete effective planning and preparation for a performance review
- Manage an effective performance review meeting
- Apply the lessons of preparing and delivering effective performance feedback
- Identify development goals with an employee
- Apply the guidelines of preparing for your own performance review
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Performance Reviews
- Clear Expectations and Goal Setting
- Planning and Preparation
- The Effective Performance Review
- Preparing Your Own Review
The content of this Virtual course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 – 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers with the responsibility for managing an individual or team and who have the need to carry out annual performance reviews.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Appraisal Skills Courses from Total Success Training – CPD Certified and Accredited
This one-day appraisal course will teach delegates how to raise the motivation of employees and improve performance through setting objectives; giving effective feedback and praise. Our performance management course also provides tips and techniques for managing conflict in appraisals as well as showing delegates how to write effective performance reviews quickly, easily and effectively. Delegates who have taken our appraisal courses have gone on to see a dramatic increase in staff performance through applying the strategies they have learnt in the art of ‘appraising employees successfully’.
Who will benefit from the course?
Our appraisal training seminars enable delegates to understand the processes which will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement. Anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of an effective performance review; including senior/junior managers, supervisors, training/hr managers, directors, administrative and technical staff.
All delegates will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate upon completion
What will delegates learn?
- how to structure the interview
- how to build rapport and relax the appraisee
- how to avoid appraisal pitfalls
- how to praise and criticise constructively
- how to pre-empt and handle difficult situations
- how to complete the appraisal form clearly and objectively
- how to ensure great performance is maintained after the appraisal
Appraisals Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Understanding the appraisal process
- Planning the appraisal
- The pre appraisal meeting
- The interview structure
- Interviewing and questioning skills
- Reviewing past performance
- How to praise performance and constructively criticise
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Discussing poor performance fairly
- Setting clear and realistic objectives
- Essential follow up
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Role-play of typical appraisal scenarios
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Check out our Appraisal Skills In-House Agenda HERE