Managing Difficult Employees Training Pack
This Managing Difficult Employees training pack is ideal for managers who need better techniques to ‘handle problem people’ or ‘deal with difficult staff’. Its focus is to teach managers more effective ways of managing performance or attitude problems before they become serious and what to do if action is needed. It is packed with many practical tips and techniques and help managers manage all difficult situations confidently and competently.
Total Success training packs
The packs are available in 3 levels, depending on your training experience. Contained within the pack is the actual content used by us in our training courses, benefiting from over 15 years within the training industry. For further information on the pack to suit you and your organisation’s requirements, please contact us.
Who will benefit from this course?
Managers that will benefit from this course will be faced with some or all of the following problems
- Employees on unpleasant tasks?
- Employees that regularly miss work deadlines or submit work that needs to be redone?
- Employees who refuse to do assigned work or who tend to “pass the buck”
- Employees that continuously ignore rules and regulations
- Employee who have been late beyond minimum standards or absent beyond reasonable norms
- Employees who cause personality conflicts with other workers or frequently have a negative attitude
- Introduction/course aims and objectives
- The causes of conflict – how to recognise and pre-empt them
- The assertive leader – managing situations confidently
- Strategies for managing the difficult conversation – early interventions
- Analysing your conflict resolution profile and behavioural style
- Recognising classic profiles of difficult people and how to manage them
- Deciding when to take the most appropriate action
- Building a case to tackle the difficult employee through investigation and documentation
- Role-play – ‘Managing the difficult conversation’
- Managing inefficiency and poor performance issues
- Tackling attitude and behaviour issues confidently
- Communicating with unresponsive individuals
- Handling hostile and aggressive situations
- Role-play – ‘Dealing with the aggressive employee’
- Handling the reactions of the difficult conversation
- Confidently handling the disciplinary meeting
- Follow through and managing the relationship after the meeting
- Discussion and role-play – ‘Keeping the disruptive employee on track’
- Course close
Here are some of the pages from the training manual and some of the trainer’s notes