Course Price is £295 + VAT
This training programme is designed for professionals who have to respond to customer complaints. The focus is to instil an ethos of ‘looking after the needs of the customer’ whilst maintaining the objectives and core values and of the organisation.
Who will benefit from the course?
The aims and objectives of the training will enable delegates to:
- Describe the key steps involved in the preparation of any letter
- Have a good understanding of the issues that need to be addressed with dealing with complaints
- Construct letters dealing with complaints
- Explain the importance of good design and layout
- Learn to use several new techniques which will take the stress out of preparing a letter
- Be able to write better letters, in less time
- Develop a consistency of approach when structuring letters
- Deal with customer enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Deal with queries and difficult/angry customer complaints confidently and efficiently
Complaint Handling Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Handling complaints
- Handling complaining customers well is one of the most effective methods of building trust and creating a long-term relationship with your clients. Delegates will learn from proven methods of calming the situation, understanding the customer and giving them what they want without breaking the rules.
- Identifying difficult behaviours and understanding the causes of conflict
- By understanding the causes and triggers of difficult behaviour delegates will be able to handle communication effectively and confidently. The types of behaviour we will discuss are people who are demanding, angry, highly emotional, hostile, unresponsive and threatening. By recognising the causes of difficult behaviour, delegates gain an understanding of specific conflict triggers and how to manage them.
- Verbal conflict diffusion strategies
- Diffusing and calming strategies for hostile and emotional clients and what to say. Understanding and reacting to verbal attacks.
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Positive under pressure
- Maintaining a positive approach to customer contact is essential for service professionals. We will show ways of keeping a confident attitude and approach at all times.
- Role-play of difficult situation
- We will give the delegates the opportunity to role-play typical situations related to their jobs. We will give them time to plan their strategy and then role-play in small groups. We will then summarise the learning points of the exercise and allow delegates to construct their personal action plan for managing conflict.
- How to write letters dealing effectively with complaints
- understanding the issues
- responding accordingly
- writing clearly and concisely
- replying to legitimate and non-legitimate complaints
- getting the right tone
- Creating complaint replies (beginnings and endings)
- Practical exercise-responding to a travel complaint
- How to use language that is assertive, persuasive and customer caring
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements