This course had been designed to teach delegates the basic fundamentals of management strategy and enable them to motivate individuals and teams towards higher productivity. They will also be learning time-tested tools and techniques which will increase their competence and confidence in leadership and team development.
Course Aims and Objectives
- The programme is highly participative and experiential – participants conduct and review Management examples
- We have designed it to be practical in its focus and will enable managers to: Motivate staff through good communication skills, be competent at setting goals, standards and objectives and handle difficult situations and be able to deal with awkward employees
- All sessions are covered in a comprehensive New Manager course manual that doubles as a useful post-course reference for future development
This training programme equips delegates with the necessary skills and techniques to manage their team and perform to the best of their abilities.
- It allows delegates, in a risk free environment, to understand the essential processes of good communication.
- It enables delegates to fully understand the key processes of effective delegation and motivation.
- It gives the tools necessary to be able to take responsibility in a number of situations, ranging from simple to very complex.
- This allows delegates to see the benefits of informed decision making and taking action versus procrastination and indecision.
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed Two-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
This module covers the role of a leader; understanding leadership styles; assessing your team development needs; building rapport and team motivation. We will ask delegates to complete a questionnaire analysing their leadership style. This enables them to accurately identify their leadership style and we how to adapt it to produce better results with their teams.
Exercise: We ask delegates to complete a development profile of their team members. We will then align leadership styles to team developmental opportunities and show them how to adapt their style to gain respect and address challenges.
Leadership involves the ability to gain respect from those who you manage. How well a manager communicates with his/her staff determines the team’s future success. This module shows you how to assess and develop your communication skills; how to give effective feedback; how to motivate when giving bad news and how to improve your conversation control. We will also cover the 5 key steps in praising good behaviour and correcting unacceptable behaviour.
Exercise: Delegates will develop the necessary skills and assert themselves to lead confidently a meeting with a difficult colleague to achieve objectives.
How to Delegate Effectively
One of the true skills of a good manager is the ability to delegate. How to delegate and ensure the job is done successfully is one of the best ways of both freeing much needed time for managers and motivating people. Delegates will learn the ‘What, How and Why’ of effective delegation and how it allows the new manager to develop individuals within the team and increase morale. We will also cover the 10 key steps for planning and conducting effective delegations.
Exercise: We will ask delegates to complete a work breakdown structure and use this to identify opportunities for future delegation. We will then ask them to plan and role-play a delegation meeting.
Building a strong, willing and committed team takes time and effort, but nothing gives a manager a greater sense of satisfaction and achievement. Covered in this module are team building exercises; setting targets and performance reviews; developing the individual and appraisal training. This session will focus on motivation theory and practice – we teach practical strategies for motivating both individuals and teams. We will also cover practical techniques on team and individual motivation and how to identify drivers and motivators to increase productivity.
Exercise: Delegates will be asked to analyse the motivations of the team and individual team members and plan a program to enhance this.
Time and Priority Management
If you are not managing yourself then you can’t manage other people effectively. This module shows delegates how to recognise their most important tasks and how to prioritise them, how to best organise their time and the key skills to being both effective and productive. We will also cover how to use Priorities to motivate teams to produce greater results.
Exercise: We will ask delegates to plan short and mid-term objectives and to highlight key priorities that will lead to greater efficiencies and productivity gains.
Performance management and appraising staff
Appraisals are one the best ways of both increasing staff morale and increasing productivity. We teach delegates what to plan for the successful appraisal and how to conduct them to achieve departmental objectives and follow through on actions and decisions made. We will also cover the do’s and don’ts of reviewing performance. By following our structured approach delegates will gain the confidence to review performance of even the most challenging team members.
Exercise: Delegates will plan for and conduct a mini-appraisal interview.
Training a Winning Team
One of the best ways to build a team is to train them properly. This module covers presentation skills; on the job and classroom training; the learning circle and how to assess the effectiveness of your training. We will also cover the essentials of planning and conducting an effective 1-2-1 coaching session and how to give accurate and constructive feedback.
Exercise: Giving feedback.
Delegates will use a coaching framework to give feedback with a new member of staff
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
All our in-house training is tailored to your requirements, this is our standard In-House Agenda but bear in mind the course could be tailored to your needs.
Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT