The focus of the training is to develop manager’s appraisal skills to deliver effective appraisal interviews. This proposal sets out how we would design and train an appraisal course focussing on the delivery of effective appraisal, performance review and interview skills
Course Aims and Objectives
- The programme is highly participative and experiential – participants conduct and review appraisal examples
- The focus of the training is to develop manager’s appraisal skills to deliver effective appraisal interviews. This proposal sets out how we would design and train an appraisal course focusing on the delivery of effective appraisal, performance review and interview skills
- All sessions are covered in a comprehensive Appraisal Skills course manual that doubles as a useful post-course reference for future development
The course will be based around the agreed structure of your organisation’s appraisal process:
- It will focus on the practical use of your forms and use your guidelines throughout
- How to assess accurately the appraisee’s performance criteria
- What are the most effective communication tools for an effective appraisal and how to use them
- How to avoid appraisal pitfalls
- How to set meaningful objectives and follow-up on them
- How to handle below par performance issues
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Understanding the appraisal process
We will start by getting our delegates to think about the benefits of the appraisal process to the organization, to their team and to them. We will explain how to use the performance appraisal as a key tool to achieving their team’s yearly objectives.
The interview structure
In this session we will give them tips and techniques to prepare for and to conduct a productive appraisal – from pre-appraisal preparation to setting up the room for effective communication
One of the key needs of the appraiser is how to conduct the appraisal so that it is used as a tool for increasing productivity and morale. We will explain the key communication skills that the expert appraiser uses for maximum results.
Reviewing past performance
The biggest fear of many appraisers is how to criticise members of their team, especially if their performance is sub-standard. With a combination of tried and tested techniques we will give delegates the confidence to approach any issue with confidence.
Setting clear and realistic objectives
The key to a great appraisal is what happens after the appraisal – how the objectives were met. Goal and objectives setting is vital to the overall success of the performance appraisal so in this session we get delegates to understand the essentials of setting strong objectives and how to ensure they are motivational.
Completing the appraisal form
An essential criterion for follow-up is the recording of agreed goals. We will give delegates lots of tips on how to complete this and how to integrate them into day-to-day actions of the appraisee.
How to avoid appraisal pitfalls
There are many reasons for appraisals that fail to deliver.
- Discussing poor performance professionally
- Dealing with non-responsive and difficult appraise reactions to the appraisal
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT
Download – Typical Appraisal Skills Proposal
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – How to complete an Appraisal Form
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Opening the Appraisal and Questioning the Candidate
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Assessing the Candidate Excercise
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Assessing the Candidate
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal Preperation
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal checklist
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – The Pre Appraisal Meeting
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Training the Appraisers
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Why do Appraisal Systems Fail?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – The Business Risks?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal Benefits
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Handling conflict in appraisals
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Giving feedback in an appraisal
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Planning an appraisal or performance review
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Practical appraisal skills
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Creating Good Performance through Praise