Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop is designed for managers who wish to sharpen their coaching skills and learn new and innovative techniques in coaching design, construction and delivery. The program content is based on time-tested coaching principles including modules on: learning theory, setting objectives, design, delivery, use of visual aids, learning styles and training evaluation methods. We have placed a great emphasis on the use of positive reinforcement to develop the skills needed to become an effective coach.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- Design a coaching programme that can be adapted to training at any level.
- Use a structured approach to training design and delivery.
- Highlight the key teaching and learning points of the session and train to achieve those objectives.
- Organise the logistics of a coaching session.
- Deliver the training in a credible and creative way.
- Ensure the training is interactive and interesting.
- Gain feedback to evaluate the training’s progress.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the skills and strategies taught.
- Enable effective follow-thorough by use of post training templates
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
An introduction to coaching
Coaching overview- A planned approach for success. Through discussion we will investigate the modern concepts of business coaching and how it affects productivity, team building and motivation. Delegates will learn how the use the ‘competency stairway’ to understand how trainees learn effectively.
- Relationship between coaching, training and managing
- Spotting coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Coaching overview
Coaching and development
This session focusses on the development opportunities that coaching provides. We will show delegates methods of tying coaching methods to employee development, annual objectives and KPIs. We will cover the following topics:
- Analysing the team’s training needs using Training Matrices
- Planning an individual development strategies
- Tying KPI’s to long term performance strategies
- Setting meaningful targets and performance plans
- Delegation and its relationship with coaching
- Planning the next step in the coaching process
What is your coaching style?
Delegates will complete a questionnaire that analyses their coaching style and how this can positively and negatively impact upon the learning style of the member of staff they are training. Delegates will plan a coaching session based on lessons learnt in this session and discuss how to make coaching impactful.
Introducing the coaches ‘Toolkit’
We will equip our trainee coaches with all the tools needed to plan team training needs; create development plans and follow through training plans that benchmark progress in productivity.
How to plan for and conduct a one-to-one training session
There are excellent strategies for one-to-one training. We will show delegates how to develop an effective training and coaching process so that they are able to train individuals confidently and effectively. Delegates will be given a short brief to carry out a one-to-one training sessions and their performance will be analysed and an action plan developed which they can use for future training and coaching.
Giving effective feedback to colleagues
The ability to give constructive, positive feedback to colleagues in a way which enables them to do their job better is one of the real skills in ‘people management’. Skills needed are communication, assertiveness and the ability to build rapport. This session will allow the group to practice these skills in ‘real situations’ and evaluate their own personal strengths and weaknesses.
Delegates will learn the following:
- how to spot situations that require intervention
- how to give positive criticism and constructive feedback
- action plans and essential follow-up to keep the problem employee on track
- how to deliver unwanted news and sensitive issues with confidence and compassion
Understanding team motivation and how to influence and persuade individuals
From theory to practice this module allows you to recognise the huge number of motivational opportunities and how to use them to build strong teams. This session develops into a blueprint of motivational ideas all managers can incorporate into their daily activities to improve morale and increase productivity.
Action planning for future development
In this session we will introduce the delegates to the tools and forms that they will use to enable their trainees to plan for and take ownership of their learning and development. They will learn the skills to review and discuss learning opportunities for the benefit of their trainees.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: