Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop is designed for managers that need the skills to manage effectively difficult mediations and to handle the behaviour of challenging colleagues. The role of the mediator is to help parties reach a solution to their problem and to arrive at an outcome that both parties are happy to accept. Mediators avoid taking sides, making judgements or giving guidance. They are simply responsible for developing effective communications and building consensus between the parties. The focus of a mediation meeting is to reach a common sense settlement agreeable to both parties in a case.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
In developing the course content we place emphasis on empowering staff that have a range of skills and experiences to develop greater quality in their work and increase productivity. The training will focus on the following:
- Gain a full understanding of mediation and other forms of conflict resolution
- Use mediation to resolve workplace conflict
- Prepare effectively for a mediation
- What process to follow
- Deal with conflict in the mediation itself
- Handle stalemate situations
- When and how to conclude a mediation meeting
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
What is mediation and how can it help to resolve conflict
Delegates will learn how to recognise situations that require a mediation approach and how mediation skills can be used to resolve workplace conflict.
Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
Delegates will able to recognise passive, aggressive and assertive communication and body language. We will also show how to reduce potential conflict by adopting assertive behaviours.
Managing internal dialogue
Delegates will examine how they are able to manage their internal dialogues to enable them to develop self-confidence when faced with difficult situations. Becoming adept at establishing sound inner dialogue will help you if you feel intimidated by the customers or colleagues; when you have to make an immediate statements or responses; or if you have an ongoing problem to resolve.
Effective communication skills
Delegates will learn how to master the elements of verbal, vocal and visual communication and how to use them to enable you to assertively persuade, influence and control others. As we examine visual and vocal images and how they impact upon communication, delegates can assess their own presentation styles and maximise on their strengths as a presenter.
Preparing for effective mediation
Delegates will learn strategies that will increase their self-confidence and enable them to plan for a successful mediation. Delegates will also learn tips and techniques for assertive delivery; what to say and how to respond to typical situations.
Maintaining control in mediation meeting
Delegates will learn strategies which will enable them to pre-empt conflict within a meeting; quickly assess the situation; verbalise it without confrontation; and manage the meeting effectively.
Dealing with hostile, angry and aggressive people requires different strategies and techniques. Delegates will learn how to handle difficult situations and maintain control in a calm and professional manner.
Handling objections and rejection
The ability to deal with objections and opposing views is an essential skill to master. We will focus on how delegates can control communications so that they are able to deal with all objections calmly and confidently. We will cover; understanding the types of objection; dealing with objections effectively and keeping control.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to email@example.com before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: