Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Grievances are concerns, problems or complaints that employees raise with their employers. Employers use disciplinary procedures to tell employees that their performance or conduct isn’t up to the expected standard and to encourage improvement.
Clear rules and standards help managers to act fairly and consistently in both discipline and grievance cases. Breaking rules is what leads into discipline and grievance procedures and it is important that managers conduct these procedures fairly, professionally and in accordance with guidelines.
On completion of this course, learners will have an increased understanding of the differences in a grievance procedure and a disciplinary procedure, and be able to conduct a disciplinary interview.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Recognise the differences in a grievance procedure and a disciplinary procedure
- Be familiar with how to investigate disciplinary situations
- Have knowledge of how to conduct a disciplinary interview
- Determine the levels and degrees of discipline
- Appreciate individual rights and the need for appeals
- Recognise the importance of note-taking and record keeping
- Have knowledge of how to respond appropriately to a grievance
Topics covered in the course include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Redundancy
- Consulting Employees
- Alternative Employment
- Redundancy Payment
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 – 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers who may have responsibility for managing discipline and grievance situations.
Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures Courses from Total Success Training
Our one-day ‘Correcting Poor Performance and Disciplinary Procedures Course’ addresses the problem that, in a recent survey showed that 75% of UK managers were unaware of the correct procedures for how to discipline employees effectively. It’s not just about getting rid of difficult staff, the modern manager must know the correct procedures for dealing with under-performing staff and how to conduct a disciplinary meeting effectively.
Who will benefit from the course?
The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
This course allows managers and supervisors to examine safe disciplinary practice and demonstrates tried and tested ways to ‘turn around’ poorly performing employees. The aim of this course is to provide a practical insight into the handling of disciplinary and dismissal issues. We will show:
- How to avoid disciplinary problems in the first place
- How to create disciplinary rules and disciplinary procedures
- How to deal with disciplinary issues that do occur.
- When dismissal is, and when it is not, the best option
Disciplinary Procedures Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Defining problems and problem employees
- The causes of disciplinary and performance problems
- Your impact on discipline and performance
- Investigating, fact finding and documenting evidence
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Effective action plans
- Planning the disciplinary meeting
- Interviewing skills
- Essential follow-up and keeping the employee on track
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Check out our Disciplinary and Grievance procedures In-House Agenda HERE