Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Effective Recruitment and Selection is important as part of a manager’s role and to the success of an organisation. This training course provides learners with an increased understanding of the recruitment and selection process. It outlines the 6 stages of effective recruitment and provides learners with information on how to make recruitment and selection processes work for them.
On completion of this course, learners will be able to describe a variety of selection methods, including their advantages and disadvantages and also understand the impact of legislation on the recruitment and selection process.
On completion of this Virtual College course learners will be able to:
- Describe the reasons for effective recruitment and selection
- Explain the process of job analysis
- Describe the benefits of a systematic recruitment and selection strategy
- Create a job description
- Design a person specification for a job
- Highlight the impact of legislation on recruitment and selection
- Identify ways in which organisations can discriminate in the recruitment process
- Describe the variety of selection methods, their advantages and disadvantages
- Consider issues which will impact on future recruitment and selection
- Appreciate the value of feedback in the recruitment and selection process
- Choose from a range of options for attracting applicants to a vacancy
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Recruitment and Selection
- Planning and Preparation
- Attracting the Right Candidates
- Effective Selection and Methods
- Selecting a Candidate and Making the Offer
- Giving Feedback to Unsuccessful Candidates
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this Virtual College course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 – 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is aimed at managers who may have responsibility for recruitment and selection.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Recruitment Courses from Total Success Training
Our one-day interviewing skills course is tailored for delegates who would like to gain better interviewing skills and learn how to conduct successful interviews for choosing the right employee(s). Our Interviewing course will show candidates how to; gain winning interview skills; give better interviews; be a better interviewer and learn how to interview effectively. As well as improving interviewing skills, delegates will also learn recruitment and employment law.
Who will benefit from the course?
Our course will cover the practical skills needed to make recruitment interviews productive and focused. It will allow delegates to understand the stages of the recruitment process and how to conduct an effective interview so that they are able to attract the best candidates and choose the best person for the job.
Our courses allow all staff to benefit from enhanced interviewing skills. The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Sales and fundraising staff
- Local government employees
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
- Technical and academic team members
Interviewing Skills Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Welcome, introductions, course programme and objectives.
- The cost of recruitment and staff turnover
- Identifying the causes of poor recruitment
- Strategies for effective recruitment practice
- The stages of recruitment.
- Designing a job description and person profile
- Analysing application forms and cv’s
- Techniques for opening the interview
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Role-play – Interview introduction
- Questioning the candidate
- Role-play questioning the candidate
- Closing the interview and outlining doubts
- Final role-play – closing the interview
- Interviewing and the law
- Action planning
- Close course and final paperwork
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Check out our Interviewing Skills In-House Agenda HERE