All our open courses can be trained as live, virtual, remote courses via Zoom and also Face to Face workshops in London. Please click on the link to view our course schedule and calendar.
Live remote courses via Zoom: £295 + VAT per person.
Face to Face workshops: £395 + VAT per person
Saturday workshops: £495+ VAT per person (please see our course calendar or call to check dates)
Managing the difficult Conversation
This course is ideal for managers who need better techniques to ‘handle challenging situation’ or ‘deal with the difficult conversation’. It is packed with many practical tips and techniques and help managers manage all difficult situations confidently and competently.
In developing the course content we place emphasis on empowering staff that have a range of skills and experiences to develop greater quality and confidence in their verbal communications.
It will enable delegates to:
- Develop a consistency of approach when dealing with potentially difficult situations
- Handle confrontation in a calm and professional manner
- Project a positive, tactful and assertive approach when handling the difficult conversation
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Managing the Difficult Conversation Course Agenda
- Introduction/course aims and objectives
- The causes of conflict – how to recognise and pre-empt them
- What causes conflict and how to analyse the factors
- The assertive manager – managing situations confidently using assertive communication strategies
- Strategies for managing the difficult conversation – early interventions. How to nip early conflicts in the bud so they don’t escalate.
- How to plan for the difficult conversation
- Conversation control techniques
- How to give feedback constructively
- How to discuss difficult issues sensitively
- Using praise to disarm and motivate
- Giving feedback to colleagues who don’t believe they have any faults
- Role-play – ‘Managing the difficult conversation
- Course close
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
- All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Each organisation has its own specific way of planning, organising, conducting and evaluating the performance appraisal process. Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget.
The training subjects and recommended timings are shown below. You are able to choose the training sessions and build your own course within an agreed course schedule.
The benefits to you are:
- The course fits your organisational needs exactly
- You are able to set courses which are more applicable to different departments and groups within your organisation
- You can plan the course to fit your budget
- You are more in control of the course content
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – How to complete an Appraisal Form
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Opening the Appraisal and Questioning the Candidate
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Assessing the Candidate Excercise
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Assessing the Candidate
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal Preperation
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal checklist
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – The Pre Appraisal Meeting
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Training the Appraisers
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Why do Appraisal Systems Fail?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – The Business Risks?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal Benefits
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Handling conflict in appraisals
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Giving feedback in an appraisal
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Planning an appraisal or performance review
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Practical appraisal skills
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Creating Good Performance through Praise