Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop is designed to teach delegates the basic fundamentals of management strategy and enable them to motivate individuals and teams towards higher productivity. They will also be learning time-tested tools and techniques which will increase their competence and confidence in leadership and team development.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
This training programme equips delegates with the necessary skills and techniques to manage their team and perform to the best of their abilities.
- It allows delegates, in a risk free environment, to understand the essential processes of good communication.
- It enables delegates to fully understand the key processes of effective delegation and motivation.
- It gives the tools necessary to be able to take responsibility in a number of situations, ranging from simple to very complex.
- This allows delegates to see the benefits of informed decision making and taking action versus procrastination and indecision.
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
This module covers the role of a leader; understanding leadership styles; assessing your team development needs; building rapport and team motivation. We will ask delegates to complete a questionnaire analysing their leadership style. This enables them to accurately identify their leadership style and we how to adapt it to produce better results with their teams.
Exercise: We ask delegates to complete a development profile of their team members. We will then align leadership styles to team developmental opportunities and show them how to adapt their style to gain respect and address challenges.
Leadership involves the ability to gain respect from those who you manage. How well a manager communicates with his/her staff determines the team’s future success. This module shows you how to assess and develop your communication skills; how to give effective feedback; how to motivate when giving bad news and how to improve your conversation control. We will also cover the 5 key steps in praising good behaviour and correcting unacceptable behaviour.
Exercise: Delegates will develop the necessary skills and assert themselves to lead confidently a meeting with a difficult colleague to achieve objectives.
How to Delegate Effectively
One of the true skills of a good manager is the ability to delegate. How to delegate and ensure the job is done successfully is one of the best ways of both freeing much needed time for managers and motivating people. Delegates will learn the ‘What, How and Why’ of effective delegation and how it allows the new manager to develop individuals within the team and increase morale. We will also cover the 10 key steps for planning and conducting effective delegations.
Exercise: We will ask delegates to complete a work breakdown structure and use this to identify opportunities for future delegation. We will then ask them to plan and role-play a delegation meeting.
Building a strong, willing and committed team takes time and effort, but nothing gives a manager a greater sense of satisfaction and achievement. Covered in this module are team building exercises; setting targets and performance reviews; developing the individual and appraisal training. This session will focus on motivation theory and practice – we teach practical strategies for motivating both individuals and teams. We will also cover practical techniques on team and individual motivation and how to identify drivers and motivators to increase productivity.
Exercise: Delegates will be asked to analyse the motivations of the team and individual team members and plan a program to enhance this.
Time and Priority Management
If you are not managing yourself then you can’t manage other people effectively. This module shows delegates how to recognise their most important tasks and how to prioritise them, how to best organise their time and the key skills to being both effective and productive. We will also cover how to use Priorities to motivate teams to produce greater results.
Exercise: We will ask delegates to plan short and mid-term objectives and to highlight key priorities that will lead to greater efficiencies and productivity gains.
Performance management and appraising staff
Appraisals are one the best ways of both increasing staff morale and increasing productivity. We teach delegates what to plan for the successful appraisal and how to conduct them to achieve departmental objectives and follow through on actions and decisions made. We will also cover the do’s and don’ts of reviewing performance. By following our structured approach delegates will gain the confidence to review performance of even the most challenging team members.
Exercise: Delegates will plan for and conduct a mini-appraisal interview.
Training a Winning Team
One of the best ways to build a team is to train them properly. This module covers presentation skills; on the job and classroom training; the learning circle and how to assess the effectiveness of your training. We will also cover the essentials of planning and conducting an effective 1-2-1 coaching session and how to give accurate and constructive feedback.
Exercise: Giving feedback.
Delegates will use a coaching framework to give feedback with a new member of staff
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: