Live, virtual, remote-online training course
Most organisations have to deliver training courses. Most will use traditional methods of delivery, but as technology improves this gives us the chance to adapt our training methods to maximise the collective competency of our organisation.
One way to do this is to use live, online, virtual and remote training as a way of delivering interesting and engaging content to a remote group. Zoom is one of the most used platforms for this type of delivery but not everyone is confident with being able to master this type of training.
This live, online workshop has been designed for delegates who are new to training design and delivery of online training courses and for more experienced delegates that simply wish to transfer their training to an online format and also sharpen their live, online training skills. It has been designed to get delegates to be both competent and confident in running live online training courses. It is taught by trainers who have over 20 years experience in both designing online training and running live courses to remote delegates.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Delegates will be competent to design, implement and present both short form and longer online virtual training courses. By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- Design a training programme for live online delivery
- Organise the logistics of a training course using online tools such as Zoom.com
- Deliver effective live remote training to desired objectives
- Learn how to engage delegates throughout irrespective of the length of the training course
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
- Methods for effectively assessing the competence of the delegates in line with the course objectives
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
- Anyone who needs to train or coach individuals or teams remotely
- Trainers who now need to transfer their training workshops onto a virtual platform
- Anyone who needs to feel more confident when running meetings or workshops using software such as Zoom
COURSE AGENDA – ONE DAY COURSE
This course can be run as both a one-day and half-day in-house and open course. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Below is a proposed course agenda for our one-day live, remote training course. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
How to write and structure training
“What am I going to say?” is one of the fears of new trainers. A good course will follow an identifiable sequence and satisfy the group’s expectations. We will examine highly effective methods of structuring courses and generating meaningful content for online courses.
The importance of planning, and timing
It is vital to plan the contents to match the timings for you online training. We will examine the ways that live virtual training sessions can be put together to maximise learning opportunities within the time allocated. The importance of Trainer’s guides and how to use them on a live training course. Creating Delegate pre-course instructions to make it easy for your group to get the most out the session
Learn how use Zoom.com as an online training platform
Zoom gives you lots but there’s also things it doesn’t do. We will give delegates all the tips and tricks we have learned over the years delivering online training to make you look and feel confident in your delivery. We will cover the following:
- 10 top tips for using Zoom and how to compensate for what Zoom can’t do
- How to set up your training environment to deliver the content smoothly and professionally
- How to set up Breakout rooms to get maximum delegate engagement
- Using audio and video in your sessions and how to share smoothly
- Using the chat section for interactive training
- Tips for using the Whiteboard to involve your trainees more
- Recording your sessions for review and trainee critique
Generate innovative and creative ideas to continually engage your audience, stimulate and maintain interest during live remote training
People learn quicker and retain more information if training is conducted in a way which allows them to get involved, challenge, participate and enjoy the process, and more has to be considered in this respect to keep attention. We will demonstrate 5 tried and tested ways to maintain and control delegate interaction and how to use online tools to stimulate and release latent creativity.
Delivery skills maximising body language and communication
The old adage “It’s not what you say but how you say it” is as relevant to online training delivery as face to face training. We will give you lots of tips to maximise on this type of delivery so you’re always seen as a credible expert. As we examine visual and vocal images and how they impact upon communication, delegates can assess their own presentation styles and maximise on their strengths as a presenter.
Do’s and Don’ts of live online presentations
We will highlight some of the common pitfalls trainers sometimes make when presenting and training online and live. We will also give tips and techniques about making this type of presentation interesting and impactful.
Handling difficult trainees
Difficult and uncomfortable situations can occur in any course and live online training has its own set of issues. By recognising the characteristics and behaviours people demonstrate, delegates will be able to engage proven techniques to keep everyone on track.