Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop is designed to develop delegates who need to improve and enhance their communications skills in order to achieve greater personal and professional productivity. It allows delegates to develop confidence and self-esteem so that their opinions will no longer go un-noticed in the workplace.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- The key characteristics of an assertive person
- The 5 easy ways to become assertive
- How to recognise assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
- What to say in difficult situations and with difficult people
- How excellent communication skills keep you in control
- How to develop a consistency of approach when dealing with potential conflict
- Techniques for handling clients and colleagues in a friendly and professional manner
- How to project a positive, tactful and assertive approach when handling difficult people
- Effective strategies how to reflect and refocus when under pressure
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
Delegates will able to recognise passive, aggressive and assertive characteristics, communication and body language. We will also examine how assertive behaviours affect the actions and reactions of others.
Managing internal dialogue
Delegates will examine how they are able to manage their internal dialogues to enable them to develop self-confidence when faced with difficult situations. Becoming adept at establishing sound inner dialogue will help you if you feel intimidated by the customers or colleagues; when you have to make an immediate statement or response; or if you have an ongoing problem to resolve
Effective communication skills
Delegates will learn how to master the elements of verbal, vocal and visual communication and how to use them to enable you to assertively persuade, influence and control others. We will examine visual and vocal images and how they impact communication.
Questionnaire-Assertiveness style analysis
Each delegate will discover their ‘reactive behavioural style’ and how that can lead to rapport or conflict with other styles. Understanding the personality of others allows us to be able to present our message to them in order to achieve our objectives
Becoming more self-confident
Delegates will learn strategies that will increase their self-confidence and enable them to handle situations or people that they may fear or feel intimidated by. Delegates will also learn tips and techniques for assertive delivery; What to say and how to respond to typical situations.
Becoming more assertive
How to react when under pressure and how to plan for an assertive encounter with a difficult person. Plus, we’ll be getting delegates to recognise when they should be more assertive at work and in their private lives.
Maintaining control in meetings
Delegates will learn strategies which will enable them to pre-empt conflict within a meeting; quickly assess the situation; verbalise it without confrontation; and manage the meeting effectively.
Dealing with assertive, angry and talkative people requires different strategies and techniques. Delegates will learn how to handle difficult situations and maintain control in a calm and professional manner.
Handling objections and rejection
The ability to deal with objections and opposing views is an essential skill to master. We will focus on how delegates can control communications so that they are able to deal with all objections calmly and confidently. We will cover; understanding the types of objection; dealing with objections effectively and keeping control.
Role-play and critique
Course Dates – Click on date to book
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: