- Assertiveness – An Introduction | SkillsYouNeed
Assertiveness is a skill regularly referred to in social and communication skills training. Being assertive means being able to stand up for your own or other people’s rights in a calm and positive way, without being either aggressive, or passively accepting ‘wrong’.
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Assertive Communication Skills
Let’s talk about some techniques you can use to develop a more assertive behavior: Say “No” more often. First things first! Watch your tone.
- Chapter 7. Assertiveness Skills
Assertiveness Skills. Speaking up for one’s needs, or being assertive, can be very difficult when people feel depressed or anxious.
- Assertiveness Skills – Brain Injury Resource Center
Assertiveness is a way of thinking and behaving that allows a person to stand up for his or her rights while respecting the rights of others.
- Speak Up! Guide 2: Communication/Assertiveness
Assertiveness is a style of communicating or talking with people. ….. Students should practice this exercise before school meetings and negotiating meetings …
- Assertiveness: Role Playing and Sample Situations
Included are a number of experiences people may run into that require assertiveness. Try practicing your responses to the situations below with a relative, friend,or colleague.
- Assertiveness Skills and Group Activities | Assertiveness Training
Possessing assertiveness skills means having the ability to communicate with others in a way that is honest and direct, yet tactful and respectful. Being assertive means standing up for your rights, wants and wishes. For example, expressing how the tardiness of a coworker affects you without placing blame or being …
- Assertiveness Games and Activities – WorkSMART – WorkSMART Blog
Assertiveness Games and Activities. Understanding the language can help. There are different frameworks through which to view assertive and non-assertive behavior. Two ways to enter a circle. Small group discussions. Start with an assertiveness quiz. Get an audience to stand up. Practice and Role Play.
- Assertiveness Role Plays | TrainingZone
An interactive assertiveness & decision making course within which I want to incorporate a number of role plays.
- 9 Helpful Assertive Communication Examples – Better Believe It!
Everyone could benefit by increasing their assertiveness skills. Here are 9 assertive communication examples to help you be more assertive at work or home…