Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop is designed to improve leadership skills and allow our delegates to be able to lead successful and high performing teams. Our team building workshops are packed full of useful teamwork training exercises, tips and techniques that new and experienced managers will find essential in showing how to lead effectively and will put them on the steady route of becoming successful managers and team leaders.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The following training modules are designed to build the competence and confidence of new and experienced professionals in ‘people management’. Each module can be used as a stand alone training session but each is complementary to the others and form a comprehensive skills guide to getting the most out of your staff.
- Analysing your leadership style
- Team development issues
- Are you a leader or a manager?
- Essential management skills
- Setting standards and follow up
- Developing your own leadership development strategy
- Motivation theory and practice
- Managing conflict
- Appraisal/development skills
- Analysing training needs
- Decision making
- Creating a team identity
- Pre-empting conflict
At the end of the course the delegates will develop their own training action plan which they will use as work assignments.
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
Management and Leadership
One of the unifying characteristics of high performing managers is their ability to recognise situations and act accordingly; this is the basis of situational leadership. Each manager will be able to analyse their own management style and assess its impact on the knowledge, attitude and skills of their team members. From this the managers will develop a situational action plan for the team and its individual members.
One of the unifying characteristics of high performing managers is their ability to recognise situations and act accordingly; this is the basis of situational leadership. Each delegate will be able to analyse their own management style and assess its impact on the knowledge, attitude and skills of their team members. From this the delegates will develop a situational action plan for the team and its individual members.
Effective Team-Work For Managers
We will examine the factors which contribute to effective team work and how these can be implemented into new teams. We will also use team building exercises which are designed to allow groups to examine the way in which teams work together to produce best results. The focus is on how, using collaborative approaches to solving problems, teams become more understanding of each other’s strengths and are more able to handle problems effectively.
Our training is carried out in a risk-free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including video and audio scenarios, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Giving feedback to colleagues in difficult situations
The ability to give constructive, positive feedback to colleagues in a way which enables them to do their job better is one of the real skills in ‘people management’. Skills needed are communication, assertiveness and the ability to build rapport. This session will allow the group to practice these skills in ‘real situations’ and evaluate their own personal strengths and weaknesses.
- How to give positive criticism and feedback
- Using praise as a catalyst for future excellence
- Defining performance problems and problem employees
- Effective action plans and follow-up to keep the employee on track
- Effective communication to overcoming conflict
- How to deliver bad news
How to make effective team decisions
The ability to make effective decisions is one of the key skills of team leadership. This session will break down the five essential elements of effective decision making and how to use them to make both simple and complex team decisions. We will also show the most effective techniques to managing change situations and how to involve all staff in the decision-making process.
How to delegate effectively
The second biggest reason for business failure in the UK is the inability to delegate. Delegation is one of the cornerstones of effective time management as it enables managers to save huge blocks of time whilst developing and motivating staff. We will cover the ‘What, How and Why’ of delegating and how it builds strong teams.
Understanding team motivation and how to influence and persuade individuals
From theory to practice this module allows you to recognise the huge number of motivational opportunities and how to use them to build strong teams. This session develops into a blueprint of motivational ideas all managers can incorporate into their daily activities to improve morale and increase productivity.
- Assessing the current state of motivation within your team
- motivation theory and practice
- motivating the demotivated employee to perform
- SMART goal setting and how to follow-up
- Setting standards and follow up
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: