This training programme is designed for professionals who have to respond to customer enquiries and complaints. The focus is to instil an ethos of ‘looking after the needs of the customer’ whilst maintaining the objectives and core values and of the organisation.
The aims and objectives of the training will enable delegates to:
- Describe the key steps involved in the preparation of any letter and email
- Understand the factors that need to be addressed with dealing with difficult or sensitive issues
- Construct letters dealing with complaints and customer concerns
- Learn several new techniques which will take the stress out of preparing a letter or email
- Be able to write effective letters and emails in less time
- Develop a consistency of approach when structuring correspondence
- Deal with customer enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
Our letter writing course will allow delegates to gain useful letter writing tools, tips and techniques and also includes constructive letter and email templates. Delegates who have trained with us have effectively applied the skills gained from this course to their everyday workplace correspondence. This productive course will also demonstrate the particulars of writing effective emails, whilst improving punctuation and grammar.
All organisations need to convey a professional image in every way to stay ahead of the competition. It is paramount that all pieces of written documentation are faultless. As your professional reputation can be enhanced or ruined by your correspondence, it is essential that the style, content and message is concise, correct and appropriate.
Email & Letter Writing Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
Key steps to ensure successful letter and e-mail writing
- Planning and structuring the correspondence
- How to interest and persuade the reader
Exercise – Using ‘the correspondence checklist’ to ensure your emails and letters are complete and create impact
- Tips and techniques for writing effective emails that get responses
Exercise – Using mind-maps to structure a letter for immediate impact
Exercise – Letter and e-mail analysis – How to use the ‘Tone of voice and style guide’.
Examining the essentials of ‘Our tone of voice’ when writing letters and email.
How to write letters dealing effectively with customer concerns and complaints
- Writing in plain English
- Punctuation and grammar exercises
- Understanding the issues
- Responding accordingly
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Replying to legitimate and non-legitimate complaints
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
Exercise – Writing in clear English. Constructing replies to letters of concern
Exercise – Using templates for replying to complaints
Exercise – Using ‘Tone of voice and style guide’ when replying to emails
Practical exercise-responding to a customer complaint
Summary of day and action planning
Who will benefit from the course?
What are the best ways to produce effective letters and reports? This course is designed to lead to practical skills to enable delegates to be both competent and confident in their written communication. Our courses allow all staff to benefit from enhanced writing skills. The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Sales and fundraising staff
- Local government employees
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
- Technical and academic team members
- Customer service staff
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – Checklist for dealing with letters of complaints
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – How to deal with letters of complaints
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – How to plan writing a letter
- Letter and Report writing Skills – Checklist for writing letters
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – Is your letter ready to be sent?
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – How to present a letter
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – How to make a letter interesting to read
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – Top Tips for writing Effective Emails
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – What is the sequence of a report
- Letter and Report Writing Skills – Practical Guide to Punctuation
- Training Course Management Checklists