Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop has been designed instil an ethos of ‘looking after the needs of the customer and exceeding their expectations’ whilst maintaining the objectives and core values and of the organisation.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- The aims and objectives of the training will enable delegates to:
- Have a good understanding of customer care issues
- Develop a consistency of approach when answering the phone
- Deal with customer enquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Deal with queries and difficult/demanding and angry customers calmly and efficiently
- Develop an attitude of ‘ownership’ when dealing with customer queries
- Project a positive image with each call they take or make
It’s designed for organisations who believe their customer service staff would benefit from an injection of valuable tips and techniques when handling difficult customers (such as rude, angry or aggressive customers) as part of their daily duties. We also provide a Customer Service and Customer Care training course that deals with these types of customer. It also covers handling customer complaints; tips for retaining customers and how to diffuse customer conflict quickly and efficiently.
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
Understanding the importance of customers to the organisation
Customer worth – how much is one customer worth and how that impacts on the organisation. Customer needs and what they expect from an organisation.
Managing Customer Perceptions
“Our realities are merely the perceptions we place around our experiences”. Understanding customer perceptions is the ‘key’ to ensuring excellent customer service and a real focus on the wants and needs of the customer. We will examine many situations relevant to the organisation and look at ways of reinforcing or changing the client’s perception of your organisation as being one of ‘the best’.
Essential time management and organisation
One of the essentials for increased productivity is organisation. We will show effective time management tips and techniques and how each person can achieve more in an average day.
Professional telephone tips
The telephone is the most used business communication tool. Understanding the power and the pitfalls of telephone communications enables the telephone professional to be perceived as both confident and competent.
Positive under pressure
Maintaining a positive approach to customer contact is essential for the telephone professional. We will show ways of keeping a confident attitude and approach at all times.
From discussion and role-plays we will develop questioning sequences and scripts which will develop awareness of client needs. By paraphrasing and summarising (the keys to effective communication) delegates will learn to stay on track with the client and understand fully; the customer, the message they are conveying, their needs and the situation at that point in time.
Creating a good first impression and projecting your personality
Because you lose up to 50% of your natural personality on the phone, building rapport and showing a professional image in the first crucial first few minutes of each and every phone-call is essential. This session is designed to give simple tips and techniques to sound businesslike, professional and friendly on the phone.
Internal telephone techniques
Putting customers on hold and transferring their calls internally can be the most frustrating time for them if not done correctly. Getting hold of the correct information and/or the right person can put you in a bad light in the client’s eyes. We will demonstrate the most effective way of using the telephone internally to create a high customer satisfaction rating.
Essential telephone time management and organisation
One of the essentials for increased productivity is a highly organised team. We will be teaching the tips and techniques for the smooth running of a tele-operation and how each person can achieve more in an average day.
Influencing skills for non-sales people
The ability to influence the customer is a skill that can reap rewards in increased customer satisfaction and profits. There are several proven methods of influencing buying decisions which are easy to learn and can produce major results.
Saying no to customers
There will always be times when we have to say no to customers. We will show delegates how to assess each situation and handle difficult situations without upsetting the customer.
Managing talkative, demanding and angry customers
Using tried and tested techniques delegates will learn how to control calls with these types of customer. The training will focus on conversation skills and staying ‘one step ahead’ of the customer in order to produce a positive outcome to each call.
The Power of ‘Following Up’
“Good follow up is the breakfast of champions”. Perceptions of an organisation are developed after a problem has been identified and handled to the customer’s satisfaction. How quickly and effectively you follow up is one of the primary factors in building customer loyalty and makes good business sense. Delegates will also investigate the effectiveness of surveying customer perceptions and how to keep on top of their existing customer’s wants and needs.
Handling complaining customers well is one of the most effective methods of building trust and creating a long-term relationship with your clients. Delegates will learn from proven methods of calming the situation, understanding the customer and giving them what they want without breaking any company rules.
Communication skills for difficult clients
Dealing with assertive, angry and talkative customers requires different strategies and techniques. Delegates will learn how to handle these different types of callers and maintain control in a calm and professional manner.
Giving bad news to customers
Whilst others may shun this type of call the telephone professional will welcome the opportunity to problem solve, provide options or just let the customer know what the organisation can realistically do for them. We will train techniques that allow delegates to enjoy dealing with this type of difficult call.
Role-play of difficult situations
The final activity of the day is a role-play in a ‘real life’ situation. The delegates will be given true scenarios of situations they encounter and dealing with different types of personalities. Each role-play will be audio-taped for full analysis and evaluation
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to email@example.com before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: