Our programme enables delegates to understand the techniques and strategies that will make them more effective whilst minimising the “Thieves of Time” that plague personal productivity and sense of achievement.
Why is Time Management Training so important for our modern lives?
With ever-increasing workloads and deadlines, the ability to manage our time has never been more important. Time management is a crucial factor in work and our time management courses are created to ensure that delegates can make their time keeping as efficient and effective as possible. We do this by supplying a time management training course that is full of tools and tips for improving time management, time planning, delegation, organisation and management strategies, managing meetings, managing e-mails as well as handling and using time effectively. Our time management course will cover subjects such as goal setting, improving organisation skills and managing time successfully. Our seminars are packed with useful tips and techniques that allow you to become a better time manager instantly.
Time management has been in existence for more than 100 years. Unfortunately the term “Time management” creates a false impression of what a person is able to do. Time can’t be managed, time is uncontrollable; we can only manage ourselves and our use of time.
Time management is actually self management. It’s interesting that the skills we need to manage others are the same skills we need to manage ourselves: the ability to plan, delegate, organise, direct and control. Time management training courses and workshops will help delegates increase work effectiveness and productivity, achieve greater control of their daily activities and overcome work stressors.
Course Aims and Objectives
Delegates will learn skills which will improve planning, assertiveness, setting priorities, decision making, desk and paper management, and communication skills. They will have the skills to manage their priorities; manage themselves to get things done on time; be assertive with colleagues and managers and learn how to say ‘no’; gain sufficient time to complete their most important tasks; effective daily planning; prioritise and schedule tasks; learn to allocate time to each task in its order of priority; deal with interruptions and make effective decisions which affect your time positively.
- Manage priorities and schedule tasks
- Increase work effectiveness and productivity
- Enjoy a more balanced lifestyle
- Feel more in control of their daily activities
- Reduce the stress which results from a lack of effective time planning
- Manage themselves to get things done on time and manage deadlines
- Co-ordinate effective meetings
- Manage their reactive behaviours with colleagues, interruptions and e-mails to gain sufficient time complete their most important tasks
- Effectively plan for short, medium and long term objectives
- Allocate time to each task in its order of priority
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
Introduction and agenda
Recognising your ‘time stealers’
Factors causing productivity losses and how to recognise them. Delegates will analyse the costs of poor time management in relation to work goals and personal achievement.
Planning, prioritising and delegating
This section of the course shows the delegates how to:
- plan essential tasks and time sensitive issues,
- keep on top of your important objectives
- plan each day effectively and schedule tasks
- allocate time to each task in its order of priority
- make effective decisions which affect your time positively
- how to delegate and the ‘delegation golden rules’
Delegates will be given the opportunity to use a daily planner to plan a ‘typical’ day. They will be asked to ‘juggle’ team, task and client priorities and multi-task activities.
Using the principles of priorities management delegates will be split into groups to organise a daily schedule from a list of very important tasks.
Communication and managing deadlines
Essentials of verbal and written communication. How to record communications for projects meetings and one to one reviews. Keeping track of communications between volunteers, colleagues and customers.
Delegates will be given the opportunity to listen to a client conversation about managing deadlines for an important project. From the information gained they will have to plan the next stages of the project using SMART objectives whilst taking into account contingencies.
Assertiveness is one of the essential skills in the modern working environment. There are many time management benefits of being assertive including increased self esteem and the ability to negotiate more effectively. This section will show delegates:
- the characteristics of an assertive person
- what to say in difficult situations
- improving your assertive delivery
Desk and paper management
Are you suffering from ‘desk stress’ or ‘paper procrastination’. This section sets out tips and techniques which increase your ability to organise your work station and reduce silent interrupters.
A recent survey showed that only 12% of business managers thought e-mail improved productivity!! This session will give lots of practical tips and techniques about e-mail composition; managing the frequency and quantity of e-mails; and how to prioritise e-mails.
- Prioritising emails
- Folder management
- Creating tasks and appointments from emails
- Using rules to manage email volume
- How to get rid of unwanted volumes of emails quickly and effectively
Making good decisions for yourself and others is one of the key factors of time management. Delegates will learn the key processes of effective decision making, and the psychology and the habits that prevent the typical manager from being a sound and effective decision maker. They will be given the chance to use a ‘decision maker form’ and make an ‘informed’ decision relating to a typical project scenario.
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
Who will benefit from the course
Anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of effective time management. From senior managers/directors to administrative and technical staff, in fact anyone who needs to find solutions to the following challenges:
- I don’t always feel in control
- I need to increase my productivity
- I have to juggle a multitude of tasks
- I’m always being interrupted
- I’d love to have more time for the things I enjoy but never get the time
Our other Time Management courses – Time Management using Outlook
As well as running our normal time management training course we aim to reflect the growing use of technology and how it has enhanced our ability to manage our time. This time management training course working with Microsoft outlook is one of a number of courses we run around this particular area of time management technology. We have found Outlook to be a really useful tool that increases our ability to prioritise and schedule tasks, make appointments, manage meetings, achieve deadlines, manage e-mail, improve our delegation and can even develop our ability to manage projects effectively.
This course teaches time-tested tips and techniques on how to improve our time management using Outlook 2007 and 2010.
- Click on this link to review our Time Management Training Course working with Microsoft Outlook 2007
Time management, Time management working with Microsoft Outlook, Project management for non-project managers, Assertiveness, Management Skills and Stress Management are some of the courses trained by Total Success in London and throughout the UK. We have over 18 years experience training people on strategies to improve productivity and enhance self development.
Time Management Training Packs
Why use a total success training pack
If you are looking to run your own training course but lack the materials and the time to develop a fully functional training seminar we produce a range of training materials and packs which will suit your requirements exactly. All of our packs and been written by our own time management experts and we can guarantee that the training pack will satisfy your course requirements. Each pack will contain a full set of PowerPoint training slides, trainer’s notes, a course manual, and a full set of handouts and activities.
We have been running our courses since 1995 and have trained 1000’s of people via open courses and in-company seminars. We guarantee that the course you buy is the one we train. All courses are trainer and trainee friendly so you’ll be up and running quickly (depending on your training experience).
We know how difficult it is to choose amongst the many training materials available on line, that’s why we have 3 packages that will suit you needs. With our gold, silver and bronze packages you can choose the training format that’s right for you and your budget. Call us 0044 (0)208 269 1177 to discuss your requirements or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Time Management with Outlook – Tasks
- Time Management with Outlook – Our Stuff!
- Time Management with Outlook – Checklists
- Time Management with Outlook – Using the calendar to prioritise
- What Challenges Our Time
- 14 apps that will save you both time and money
- Productive Emails – 10 Top Tips
- Time Management Training Newsletter – Estimating time accurately
- Time and Stress Management
- Time Management course and newsletter info – Time Management and Technology
- Managing e-mail
- Time Management Training Courses, Training Newsletter – Managing Meetings
- Time Management Training Information and Links
- Time Mangagement Course – Our top tips for managing your time
- Time management Training Courses: Working from home
- Time Management Training Courses – Managing e-mail
- Time Management Training Courses – Time management tips
- Time Management Training – Time planning – Manage Yourself, Not your time!
Time Management book’s and publications
The Book. If you really don’t have the time to attend one of our fantastic time management training courses and seminars, don’t worry. You can still enhance your knowledge and skills by purchasing time management training information from our website. Our lead trainer, Warren Wint has written a book entitled ‘Successful Time Management’ which is packed with tips and techniques to help you manage your time more effectively and more efficiently. You can purchase the book by clicking on the link below and downloading it to your own computer
Bite-sized Training Guides. We had also produced a range of bite-sized training guides on various subjects relating to time management. These short guides are written to give enough information on the topics that interest you. We include topics such as managing e-mail, setting goals and prioritising, the art and skill of effective delegation, and managing busy workloads and deadlines. These are designed for you to work through your topics in approximately 30 to 40 min, and not only give you valuable information but also include exercises and activities to enable you to learn at your own pace and on the go. These are very competitively priced at 99p each because we want you to not only gain valuable information but also to keep coming back and purchasing more to enable you to become a fabulous manager of time. Click the links below and download our training guides as PDF documents so you will be able to start achieving your goals today!
We produce a range of podcasts and audio downloads that you can download to hear how we conduct our training courses. These are available in live audio if you click on the links below and it’s almost like being on one of our courses. They allow you to hear how we carry out some of the topics in our time management training courses. If you like them and want to hear more please go to our Podcast pages on the website