Live, virtual, remote-online training course
This live online workshop has been designed for delegates who are new to training design and delivery and for delegates that simply wish to sharpen their training skills.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES
Delegates will be competent to design, implement and present both short form and long form training courses. By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- Design a training programme
- Organise the logistics of a training course
- Deliver the training to desired objectives
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
- Assess the competence of the delegates
Below is a proposed course agenda. Please keep in mind that Total Success Training prides itself on the bespoke nature of our training courses. Feel free to contact us to discuss exactly how and what you would like the course to look like and we can tailor it to your needs.
MORNING 10.00 AM – 3.30 PM – Lunch 12.30-1.00
How to write and structure training
“What am I going to say?” is one of the fears of new trainers. A good course will follow an identifiable sequence and satisfy the group’s expectations. We will examine two simple and highly effective methods of structuring courses and generating meaningful content.
The importance of planning, and timing
With the plethora of training options at your disposal, it is vital to plan the one which will achieve the training objectives using the best use of the available resources. We will examine the ways that training sessions can be put together to maximise learning opportunities within the time allocated.
Learn how to pitch your approach at the right level
It’s not what you know, it’s how you say it. We will examine in detail the ways of increasing delegate communication skills and how to relate the training concept to all levels of knowledge, experience and intellect.
Generate innovative and creative ideas to stimulate and maintain interest
People learn quicker and retain more information if training is conducted in a way which allows them to get involved, challenge, participate and enjoy the process. How to increase individual creativity is the challenge of most trainers. We will demonstrate ways of analysing and releasing latent creativity.
Delivery skills maximising body language and communication
The old adage “It’s not what you say but how you say it” is as relevant to training delivery as ever. As we examine visual and vocal images and how they impact upon communication, delegates can assess their own presentation styles and maximise on their strengths as a presenter.
The importance of constructive feed back
Critique is an important part of a skills based training session. Delegates will be shown techniques to analyse and evaluate trainee performance; give clear, accurate feedback to promote understanding and build repeatable skills.
Do’s and Don’ts of technical presentations
We will highlight some of the common pitfalls trainers sometimes make when presenting and training technical subjects. We will also give tips and techniques about making this type of presentation interesting and impactful.
One-to-one training demands superior communication and feedback skills from the trainer. Through discussion and role-play we will allow delegates to understand how to explain, question, review, critique and constructively criticise trainee’s performance. We will examine concepts of coaching which are non-directional and allow the trainee to develop their thinking and decision making processes.
Handling difficult trainees
Difficult and uncomfortable situations can occur due to a clash of personalities. By recognising the characteristics and behaviours people demonstrate, delegates will be able to engage proven techniques to avoid conflict.
OUR LIVE ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We at Total Success Training recognise the need to keep motivated when working so we have put together a schedule of live, online remote-training workshops.
We will be delivering them as live virtual workshops via zoom.com with a trainer to guide you through the agenda and to answer any questions you may have. We have included all the information that will make this an easy to access workshop.
THE BENEFITS OF SIGNING UP TO OUR PROGRAMME:
- Makes great use of their time off
- Saves on the time and cost to your staff of travelling long distances to attend training courses
- Most of our courses are CPD accredited to aid with your staff development
- You can bring together remote groups as a team building exercise
- Gives them a date in their personal development schedules to look forward to
- Keeps your staff trained whilst they are off normal duties
- Shows that you and your organisation are proactive in their development
- Helps your staff with their mental wellbeing as they have something positive to occupy their minds
They will be run via Zoom.com or Join.me depending on the technical capabilities of your teams.
HOW WE WILL ORGANISE THE COURSE
It couldn’t be easier as we take care of the whole process from start to finish:
- Pick from our list of live remote online courses or discuss the specific course agenda to suit you. Our trainers can call you to discuss your requirements.
- Book the course and send us delegate’s email addresses
- We will send out the course materials including downloadable course manual, all of the course materials, a pre-course briefing form
- We will start log-ins 15 minutes prior to the course start to allow everyone to connect
- All delegates will complete the pre-prepared course activities that we will use during the course
- Our virtual courses are very interactive to keep delegate’s attention throughout
- All delegates will complete a Post-course action plan that can be reviewed their managers after the course.
- The cost of a one-day course is £895 + VAT and can accommodate up to 10 delegates per training session. All materials are included as part of the cost.
OUR PRE-COURSE EMAIL TO YOUR DELEGATES INCLUDE:
- A pre-course form that needs to be completed and sent back to us. It includes course objectives that we will run through with you during the Introduction.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar
- A course agenda
- All pre-course exercises that need to be completed before the course (we’ll be using these on the day)
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A link to our website with all the course materials to download (if delegates are having difficulty accessing the information contained on this email)
- A link to zoom.com with all the information needed to access the programme via your computer
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us.
- A link for the full set of templates and forms that can downloaded for use after the course.
DOWNLOADABLE COURSE MATERIALS
Delegates must download a pre-course briefing form that includes exercises and activities which must be completed and emailed to email@example.com before the beginning of the course and a post-course action plan.
Please download the forms below: