Telephone skills and customer care training pack
This Telephone skills and customer care training pack will ensure your staff always project the correct image to your potential customers and clients to make your company stand out from the crowd. It is designed for anyone who uses the telephone and is written with both the customer and the organisation in mind to maximise service and customer care.
If you or your staff have to deal with customers both face to face or over the telephone then effective Customer Care training is essential in enabling you to develop a Customer Caring or ‘Customers First’ attitude to delivering service effectively and consistently.
Total Success have been running Telephone Skills and Customer Care courses over 20 years for those wishing to learn telephone etiquette and how to handle customers on the telephone.
Who will benefit from the course?
For those who’s customer service training requires tips and techniques in both telephone and face to face skills in handling difficult customers (such as rude, angry or aggressive customers) as part of their daily duties we also provide a Customer Service and Customer Care training course that deals with these types of customer. It also covers handling customer complaints; tips for retaining customers and how to diffuse customer conflict quickly and efficiently.
More and more companies are increasing their use of the telephone as the quickest and most convenient way of establishing customer contacts. Call centres and mail order are the fastest growing operational departments for UK organisations. It is essential that all employees represent their organisation in a professional and friendly way. Clear and effective communication is essential to ensure that the business is not lost. If your staff are not trained properly on telephone skills, how much business are they losing your company?
This course will ensure your staff always project the correct image to your potential customers and clients to make your company stand out from the crowd. It is designed for anyone who uses the telephone and is written with both the customer and the organisation in mind to maximise service and customer care. These are the areas we cover on the course:
- Projecting a professional image, building rapport, voice presentation skills.
- Understanding the power of the phone and how to use it to influence
- Call planning and follow up
- Active listening techniques, hearing the whole picture.
- Questioning and summarising skills
- How to direct calls and not leave the customer hanging on
- Putting your customers at ease
- Time management on the telephone
- Recovery strategies and how to turn a complaint into a happy customer
- The power of a good attitude
Our training packs
The packs are available in 3 levels, depending on your training experience. Contained within the pack is the actual content used by us in our training courses, benefiting from over 20 years within the training industry. They also include trainer’s notes, activities, a fully printable course manual and comprehensive instructions how to run the most effective course.
For further information on the pack to suit you and your organisation’s requirements, please contact us.
- Session 1: Introduction, aims and agenda
- Session 2: Customer service essentials
- Session 3: Importance of the customer to the organisation
- Session 4: Professional telephone tips
- Session 5: Creating a great first Impression
- Session 6: Controlling the call
- Session 7: Managing customer’s perceptions
- Session 8: Positive under pressure
- Session 9: Handling complaints + difficult customer behaviour
Here are some sample pages from the Training the Trainer course manual plus some of the trainer’s notes