Assertiveness Skills Training Pack
This course will equip any trainer with the skills and techniques to run a successful one-day Assertiveness training course. It will allow delegates to develop confidence and self-esteem so that their opinions will no longer go un-noticed in the workplace. Assertiveness training will provide delegates with effective tactics to build courage and defy work bullies. Those who have attended the courses have expressed that becoming more assertive at work was made easier once they applied the techniques gained from the seminar.
Assertion means standing up for what you want. Stating your needs clearly. It means expressing opposition. It means confrontation and it takes courage. Some find it harder than others because of their natural easy-going style and therefore more practice is required. However, the aim should not be just to gain a win. The aim should be to solve the problem and get the best result. Assertion should not be synonymous with aggression because aggressive people adopt an ‘I win – you lose’ mentality to achieve their objectives.
Assertiveness does not come naturally to all because we have all learned passive behaviours to stave off confrontational situations. However these behaviours can be unlearned and assertive behaviour used to produce results that benefit both parties. Assertiveness training courses and workshops can help delegates increase work effectiveness and productivity, achieve greater control of their daily activities and overcome work stressors.
- managing difficult people
- assertive behaviour
- improving self confidence
- improving assertiveness
- dealing with aggressive people
- managing conflict
- being firm with members of staff
- dealing with bullying at work
Overview and agenda
The course will enable delegates to understand the processes which will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement. Anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of effective, assertive communication will benefit from increased productivity and confidence, will reduce interruptions at work, manage time more effectively and enjoy greater self-esteem.
- Session 1: Introduction, aims and agenda
- Session 2: Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
- Session 3: Becoming Assertive
- – Assertive Techniques
- – Sounding Assertive
- – Looking Assertive
- Session 4: Planning for Conflict
- – Strategies for managing difficult situations
- Session 5: Assertive Strategies
- – Managing our internal dialogue
- Session 6: Personality Profiles
- – Questionnaire – measure you personality profile
- – Handling difficult personality types
- – Recovery strategies for managing aggressive personalities
- Session 7: Dealing with very Difficult People
- Session 8: Final Role-play – Putting it all together
Our training packs
The packs are available in 3 levels, depending on your training experience. Contained within the pack is the actual content used by us in our training courses, benefiting from over 20 years within the training industry. They also include trainer’s notes, activities, a fully printable course manual and comprehensive instructions how to run the most effective course.
For further information on the pack to suit you and your organisation’s requirements, please contact us.
Here are some samples pages from the actual training manual plus some of the trainer’s notes
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Giving effective feedback
- Leadership Training Newsletter – Making the best of your job
- How to set goals and achieve them using tactics
- Assertiveness Skills training courses Assertiveness Skills Rules of Assertiveness
- Handling Very Difficult Customers – Training course and newsletter information
- Assertiveness Skills training courses: Assertion Self Analaysis
- Assertiveness Skills and Managing Conflict: Simple Assertiveness Techniques
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Time Management Training Courses, Training Newsletter – Managing Meetings
- Assertiveness Skills training courses: Assertion self-analysis test2
- Assertiveness Training Course: Simple Assertiveness Techniques
- Assertiveness Training Course: Assertiveness Links
- Assertiveness Training Course: Our top tips to becoming assertive