Managing Meetings & Remote Meetings – Face to Face Course
December 8 at 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£395
People at all levels of an organisation have to run meetings and they have responsibility for making the best use not only of their own time but that of the other participants too. That means learning more than just excellent meeting technique. It means involving and focusing the group, using the power of persuasion and reaching agreement constructively.
This course will enable people to organise and chair meeting that are more effective and more motivating for those that attend.
- The eight Golden rules of running the effective meeting
- Establishing the aims and purpose of meetings
- Typical roles of participants within the meeting
- How to construct the perfect agenda
- Opening the meeting and establishing ground rules
- Managing the social objective against the task objective
- Keeping the meeting on track and meaningful
- Rules for effective tele/video conferencing
- Effective communication skills within meetings
- Listening and questioning skills; summarising and giving feedback
- Establishing priorities within the meeting
- How to set realistic objectives
- Understanding how groups work within the meeting environment to create effective action points
- Handling conflict within meetings
- Dealing with difficult people – talkative, aggressive, obstructive, and unresponsive behaviours
- How to evaluate the meeting and track outcomes
- Avoiding the common pitfalls that cause meeting to fail
Live Remote Virtual Course
This course will be run virtually via Zoom.com.
The course will start at 9.30 for registration and pre-course work assignments.
Timings: 9.30-10.00 Introductions
The course will be a face to face training course and once you have booked we will send the following files:
- Pre-course file with all log in details and pre-course assignments. Please complete this form and send back to us prior to the course to email@example.com. It includes course objectives and agenda that we will run through with you during the Introduction
- The handouts we will be using on the course.
- A course manual that can be downloaded for reference during the seminar. You don’t have to print the manual but please download it as we will refer to it on the day
- A full set of the activities you’ll be doing on the course. These can be completed before the course, but this is not essential
- A post-course action plan and course evaluation form. This will be completed as proof of attending. A copy should also be sent to us. This is in the Handouts email.
Please ensure you download the zoom.com app on your computer and check that it works prior to log in as it takes about 30 mins to set up the free account.Full Course Details