Appraisal skills training pack
This Appraisal Skills training pack delivers a one-day appraisal course will teach delegates how to raise the motivation of employees and improve performance through setting objectives; giving effective feedback and praise. It also provides tips and techniques for managing conflict in appraisals as well as showing delegates how to write effective performance reviews quickly, easily and effectively.
Delegates who have taken our appraisal courses have gone on to see a dramatic increase in staff performance through applying the strategies they have learnt in the art of ‘appraising employees successfully’.
Total Success training packs
The packs are available in 3 levels, depending on your training experience. Contained within the pack is the actual content used by us in our training courses, benefiting from over 15 years within the training industry. For further information on the pack to suit you and your organisation’s requirements, please contact us.
Who will benefit from this course?
The course will enable delegates to understand the processes that will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement when appraising staff performance. Those benefiting from the course are: anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of an effective performance review; including senior/junior managers, supervisors, training/hr managers, directors, administrative and technical staff.
- Session 1: Introduction, aims and agenda
- Session 2: Understanding the Appraisal Process
- Session 3: The Appraisal Structure
- Session 4: Appraisal Preparation – assessing the appraisee
- Session 5: Practical Appraisal Skills – communication skills for the appraiser
- Session 6: The Appraisal Interview
- Session 7: Reviewing Past Performance – Giving and receiving feedback
- Session 8: Setting Objectives
- Session 9: Dealing with conflict
- Session 10: Writing up the appraisal form
Here are some of the pages from the training manual and some of the trainer’s notes