This course aims to teach delegates the main responsibilities, as a manager or supervisor, and how to analyse the strengths and weaknesses their team in relation to its goals and to provide the motivation and skills to achieve those goals. This course will help delegates to improve the direction, motivation and goal achievement of their team.
Who will benefit from this course?
One of your main responsibilities, as a manager or supervisor, is to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your team in relation to its goals and to provide the motivation and skills to achieve those goals. The course materials contained in this training pack will help you to improve the direction, motivation and goal achievement of your team. The subjects covered will include:
- Analysing your leadership style
- Team development issues
- Analysis – are you a leader or a manager?
- Essential and practical management skills and strategies
- Setting standards and follow up
- Developing your own leadership development strategy
- Motivation theory and practice
- Managing conflict
- Analysing training needs
- Decision making
- Creating a team identity
Our training packs
The packs are available in 3 levels, depending on your training experience. Contained within the pack is the actual content used by us in our training courses, benefiting from over 20 years within the training industry. They also include trainer’s notes, activities, a fully printable course manual and comprehensive instructions how to run the most effective course.
For further information on the pack to suit you and your organisation’s requirements, please contact us.
Course contents and agenda
- Session 1: Types of leadership
- Session 2: Leadership competencies
- Session 3: Task versus Relationship, Leadership strategies, The Assertive leader
- Session 4: Performance counseling
- Session 5: Situational leadership
- Session 6: Stages of team development
- Session 7: How to motivate people at work
- Session 8: Setting objectives
- Session 9: Giving feedback
A selection of pages from our Training Manual and a example from our Trainer’s guide.