Our one-day presentation skills course gives delegates a platform to analyse and improve their communication and influencing skills. Our objective is to teach proven techniques that will enable them to present at an advanced level. We will be giving action points to sharpen both the visual and vocal image; maximising key messages and increase credibility in the eyes of colleagues and clients.
Course Aims and Objectives
Our presentation courses are planned to significantly improve presentation skills to allow delegates of all levels to be able to make powerful presentations. The presentation seminars that we provide are packed full of presentation tips and techniques that demonstrate strategies which will show delegates how to reduce nerves in presentations and to allow them to present confidently when presenting to clients or colleagues. Our presentation skills workshops are designed not just to show delegates how to make a simple presentation: they are designed to show delegates how to create a successful presentation also maximising the applications of PowerPoint to make great presentations. Presentation training will allow delegates to build on their presenting skills; make better presentations; enjoy making presentations and teach delegates how to present successfully. Delegates who have taken our Presentation Courses have expressed how much they enjoyed the variety in our presentation skills training and now feel confident to present in any situation.
- How to project credibility in your presentation
- Keeping audience attention throughout the presentation
- How to deliver powerful and impactful introductions and summaries
- How to structure your presentation to deliver your key messages
- How to recognise and maximise your presentation strengths
- How to write and deliver impromptu presentations
- How to maximise voice projection to create impact
- Develop powerful and confident body language
- How to handle difficult questions from difficult audiences
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
Prior to the presentation, delegates will be sent a pre-presentation worksheet with assignments to complete that each delegate will need to complete and return to us prior to the presentation.
The presentation is broken into three parts:
- During the presentation
- Post presentation analysis
The importance of planning in a sales presentation is one of the key factors for success. We will examine the techniques which will allow the presenter a full understanding of the presentation objectives, the needs and wants of the audience and which aspects of their product they need to emphasise.
- Questions designed to understand the client and the reasons for preliminary analysis
- How to structure your presentation to deliver your key messages
- The power of positioning and how to develop positive perceptions of you and your organisation
During The Presentation
At this stage the presenter should be equipped with the necessary information to produce a successful presentation. Delegates will be shown techniques which, if used regularly will enhance their presentation skills and develop their confidence in presenting to clients. The client’s decision making is affected (positively and negatively) by the perception the presenter creates, so the way in which the information is delivered dictates the eventual success of the proposal.
Delegates will work in syndicate groups and all will have the chance to present to their group. Some of the presentations will be videoed for full group critique. We encourage the use of video feedback because delegates who are unwilling to adapt their behaviour should be shown how they perform in front of a live audience so that they are able to engage in objective feedback.
How to write and structure a presentation
A good presentation will follow an identifiable sequence and satisfy the group’s expectations. We will examine two simple and highly effective methods of structuring presentations and generating meaningful content.
Learn how to pitch your approach at the right level
It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. We will examine in detail the ways of increasing delegate communication skills and how to relate the presentation concept to all levels of knowledge, experience and intellect.
Generate innovative and creative ideas to stimulate and maintain interest
People learn quicker and retain more information if the presentation is conducted in a way which allows them to get involved, challenge, participate and enjoy the process. How to increase individual creativity is the challenge of most presenters. We will demonstrate ways of analysing and releasing latent creativity.
Audience retention is increased if the presentation is varied and impactful. We will examine the types of support material available; how to use them and how to build a portfolio of methods to maintain the audience’s attention.
Delivery skills – maximising body language and communication
The old adage “It’s not what you say but how you say it” is as relevant to presentation delivery as ever. As we examine visual and vocal images and how they impact upon communication, delegates can assess their own presentation styles and maximise on their strengths as a presenter.
Do’s and Don’ts of presentations
We will highlight some of the common pitfalls presenters sometimes make when making presentations. We will also give tips and techniques about making your type of presentation interesting and impactful.
What can be measured can be controlled and improved. Structured evaluation will lead to better and more proficient future presentations. We will look at several ways to effectively assess and evaluate.
- Presentation self analysis and evaluation
- How to create a lasting second impression
- Setting the scene for the future
- Presentations that allows the client to see a way forward
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
Proposed methods of presentation will include:
- Presentation using PowerPoint with video feedback and critique
- All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post presentation reference manual.
- To gauge the value of the presentation, we recommend some form of practical follow up within six months. We can discuss how you may do this, internally or using other methods, such as a presentation review carried out by Total Success.
Post presentation consultancy
As part of the presentation we offer a presentation consultancy option that will allow the Partnership Directors to work with us when preparing and presenting to clients. The way we propose to offer this is:
- A client checklist is prepared by the Partnership Director. This is sent to us for analysis and a meeting set up to discuss the presentation aims and objectives.
- The finished presentation is emailed to us for final critique and a pre-presentation workshop is booked no more than 7 days before the ‘actual’ client meeting.
- The Total Success trainer accompanies the PD to the meeting and a comprehensive post-presentation review is carried out with action points for the future.
PowerPoint presentation skills, Advanced Presentation skills and Presentation skills are three of the courses trained by Total Success Training, a training consultancy specialising in communication training and management skills in London and throughout the UK. Other related courses include sales presentation skills, training the trainer, assertiveness skills, selling skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding presentation skills course information or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
- Training course manuals – for sale
- How to overcome and challenge Fear
- It’s not what you say but how you say it!
- Question techniques in Group Training
- Co-Presenting Tips and Techniques
- Product demonstration skills
- Tips and Techniques for Sales Presentations
- More presentation anxiety tips
- Overcoming Presentation Anxiety
- Dealing with difficult audiences
- Presentation quiz
- Vocal and diet tips for presenters
- Improving your Presenting Style
- Using Visual Aids in Presenting
- Making Powerful Presentations
- How to close your presentation
- Attention gaining tips for Public Speakers
- Using Humour in Presentations
- The Importance of FlipCharts in Presentations
- Training stories and anecdotes
- Presentation planning form
- Presentation planning form
- Using transitions in PowerPoint presentations
- Visual aids in PowerPoint presentations
- Powerful PowerPoint presentation tips and techniques
- Delivering the Presentation: Your Visual Image
- A General Checklist for Making Presentations
- How to structure a presentation
- Overcoming presentation fear
- Presentation course – Tips and Techniques