Our PowerPoint Presentation Skills courses are planned to significantly improve presentation skills to allow delegates of all levels to be able to make powerful presentations using PowerPoint which will give you a platform to demonstrate your communication skills, influencing abilities and promotion potential.
Course Aims and Objectives
To prepare for the course delegates will be asked to come prepared with a 20 minute PowerPoint presentation that will be analysed for presentation content and impact.
Each presentation will be critiqued for the following:
- How it is structured
- How it delivers key messages with impact
- How it is adapted to suit the audience
- How it creates and maintains impact
- How it keeps audience attention throughout
- How it communicates credibility in the presenter
By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to
- design an effective PowerPoint presentation
- evaluate the presentations effectiveness
Our presentation courses are planned to significantly improve presentation skills to allow delegates of all levels to be able to make powerful presentations. The presentation seminars that we provide are packed full of presentation tips and techniques that demonstrate strategies which will show delegates how to reduce nerves in presentations and to allow them to present confidently when presenting to clients or colleagues. Our presentation skills workshops are designed not just to show delegates how to make a simple presentation: they are designed to show delegates how to create a successful presentation also maximising the applications of PowerPoint to make great presentations. Presentation training will allow delegates to build on their presenting skills; make better presentations; enjoy making presentations and teach delegates how to present successfully. Delegates who have taken our Presentation Courses have expressed how much they enjoyed the variety in our presentation skills training and now feel confident to present in any situation.
The course will be based around the agreed structure of your organisation’s appraisal process:
- How to clarify and put across your key messages with confidence
- Holding the audience attention throughout the whole presentation
- Producing slides to maximise impact
- Projecting and maintaining credibility in your presentation
- Recognising the do’s and don’ts of effective PowerPoint presentations
- Creating great first impression
- Powerful presentation beginnings and endings
- Unleashing the power of PowerPoint animations
- Voice projection and techniques for enhancing your vocal image
- Writing impromptu PowerPoint presentations
- Using presentation equipment expertly
- How to recognise and avoid common PowerPoint presentations pitfalls
- Maximising your body language and non-verbal image
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Identify the need
Excellent presentations fill the gaps in knowledge, understanding and practical skill development. We will examine how to use a range of techniques which delegates can use to pinpoint relevant presentation needs.
Setting realistic objectives
Excellence in presenting starts from having a definite set of goals. We will show how realistic presentation objectives support effective presentation design and implementation.
Practise writing focused presentation objectives – using key questions
The more precise the objective, the better the presentation. Key questions enable you to plan the programme more effectively and justify the cost and time investment.
Structuring the presentation
“What am I going to say?” is one of the fears of presenters. A good presentation will follow an identifiable sequence and satisfy the group’s expectations. We will examine four simple and highly effective methods of structuring presentations and generating meaningful content.
Understanding the learning process
A presentation is only successful if the whole audience is with you throughout. We will explain the ways in which individuals assimilate and use information and how to incorporate this into the presentation design.
Making learning enjoyable, relevant and effective
People learn quicker and retain more information if the presentation is conducted in a way which allows them to get involved, challenge, participate and enjoy the process. We will look at a number of concepts which delegates can practise in small groups.
Generate innovative and creative ideas to stimulate and maintain interest
How to increase individual creativity is the challenge of most trainers. We will demonstrate ways of analysing and releasing latent creativity.
Learn how to pitch your approach at the right level
“It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”. We will examine in detail the ways of increasing delegate communication skills and how to relate the presentation concept to all levels of knowledge, experience and intellect.
Practical ideas for reinforcing the learning – and making it stick!
The value of presentation is what happens after the presentation has finished and the trainees are back at work. Maintaining the enthusiasm to try new skills needs determination and discipline from the individual. This section shows many ways of keeping learned skills alive.
Course close and paperwork
All delegates will complete an action plan that can be used to evaluate the skills learned from the day.
Proposed methods of presentation will include:
- Presentation using PowerPoint with video feedback and critique
- All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post presentation reference manual.
- To gauge the value of the presentation, we recommend some form of practical follow up within six months. We can discuss how you may do this, internally or using other methods, such as a presentation review carried out by Total Success.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT
PowerPoint presentation skills, Advanced Presentation skills and Presentation skills are three of the courses trained by Total Success Training, a training consultancy specialising in communication training and management skills in London and throughout the UK. Other related courses include sales presentation skills, training the trainer, assertiveness skills, selling skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding presentation skills course information or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
- Training course manuals – for sale
- How to overcome and challenge Fear
- It’s not what you say but how you say it!
- Question techniques in Group Training
- Co-Presenting Tips and Techniques
- Product demonstration skills
- Tips and Techniques for Sales Presentations
- More presentation anxiety tips
- Overcoming Presentation Anxiety
- Dealing with difficult audiences
- Presentation quiz
- Vocal and diet tips for presenters
- Improving your Presenting Style
- Using Visual Aids in Presenting
- Making Powerful Presentations
- How to close your presentation
- Attention gaining tips for Public Speakers
- Using Humour in Presentations
- The Importance of FlipCharts in Presentations
- Training stories and anecdotes
- Presentation planning form
- Presentation planning form
- Using transitions in PowerPoint presentations
- Visual aids in PowerPoint presentations
- Powerful PowerPoint presentation tips and techniques
- Delivering the Presentation: Your Visual Image
- A General Checklist for Making Presentations
- How to structure a presentation
- Overcoming presentation fear
- Presentation course – Tips and Techniques