Our two-day presentation skills course gives delegates a platform to analyse and improve their communication and influencing skills. Our objective is to teach proven techniques that will enable them to present at a more advanced level
Our presentation courses are planned to significantly improve presentation skills to allow delegates of all levels to be able to make powerful presentations. The presentation seminars that we provide are packed full of presentation tips and techniques that demonstrate strategies which will show delegates how to reduce nerves in presentations and to allow them to present confidently when presenting to clients or colleagues. Our presentation skills workshops are designed not just to show delegates how to make a simple presentation: they are designed to show delegates how to create a successful presentation also maximising the applications of PowerPoint to make great presentations. Presentation training will allow delegates to build on their presenting skills; make better presentations; enjoy making presentations and teach delegates how to present successfully. Delegates who have taken our Presentation Courses have expressed how much they enjoyed the variety in our presentation skills training and now feel confident to present in any situation.
Course Aims and Objectives
- The programme is highly participative and experiential – participants design and deliver actual presentations during the course.
- The program content is based on time-tested training principles including modules on: learning theory, setting objectives, design, delivery, use of visual aids, audience facilitation and evaluation methods. We have placed a great emphasis on the use of positive reinforcement to develop the skills needed to design and deliver quality training programmes.
- All sessions are covered in a comprehensive Presentation Skills course manual that doubles as a useful post-course reference for future development
Delegates will be competent to design, implement and present both short form and long form training courses. By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- How to project credibility in your presentation
- Keeping audience attention throughout the presentation
- How to deliver powerful and impactful introductions and summaries
- How to structure your presentation to deliver your key messages
- How to write and deliver impromptu presentations
- How to maximise voice projection to create impact
- Develop powerful and confident body language
- How to handle difficult questions from difficult audiences
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed Two-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
Initial One-minute presentations
Each delegate will present to the group their prepared presentation outlining their key aims and objectives for the day. This is followed by a short critique by the group with the trainer to facilitate.
Presentation essentials and planning
In this part we will teach delegates how to positively influence their audience. The topics we will cover are:
- Audience analysis and the key questions that should be considered when planning a successful presentation
- The psychology of persuasion and how to plan presentation content to satisfy your audience’s needs
Creating a powerful presentation
This enables delegates to see the correct structure of a presentation and to rewrite and practise their original presentations. Aspects covered are: strong openings, keeping audience attention, creating action using powerful summaries.
- Establishing presentation aims, objectives and key messages
- Analysing the structure and content for maximum impact and to satisfy client needs
- How to use Mind-Mapping to write and structure impromptu presentations
- Using storyboards to construct high impact PowerPoint presentations
How to use the voice, body language and communication in effective presentations
This part of the course concentrates on the delegate’s use of their own communication to add sparkle and maximise impact whilst on their feet.
- How to create great first impressions and adapting your style to suit your audience
- Voice projection tips to create impact and keep attention
- Learn how to maximize on the 5 key elements of body language when presenting
- Credibility and influencing factors
- How to hide visible signs of nerves
- How to maximise your vocal and verbal image
How to maintain credibility and keep the audience with you when you have to think on your feet.
- Pre-presentation preparation for an effective Q and A session
- How to ask and answer questions and maintain control
- How to handle difficult questions from difficult audiences
Delivery of 10 minute training session (video-taped and critique)
Delegates will be asked to deliver their 10 minute training sessions to the group. The presentations will be critiqued constructively by the facilitator and the group. The emphasis of these sessions is for delegates to assess and develop strengths whilst minimising weaknesses. Each delegate will be given feedback that can be used as part of a development action-plan.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Trainer-led facilitation
- Discussion and case studies
- Role-play, where appropriate.
- Video scenarios with discussion.
- Group-work using examples typical to the job
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT
PowerPoint presentation skills, Advanced Presentation skills and Presentation skills are three of the courses trained by Total Success Training, a training consultancy specialising in communication training and management skills in London and throughout the UK. Other related courses include sales presentation skills, training the trainer, assertiveness skills, selling skills, negotiation skills and communication skills for managers. Click here if you need more information regarding presentation skills course information or contact Total Success who will be delighted to talk to you via e-mail.
- Training course manuals – for sale
- How to overcome and challenge Fear
- It’s not what you say but how you say it!
- Question techniques in Group Training
- Co-Presenting Tips and Techniques
- Product demonstration skills
- Tips and Techniques for Sales Presentations
- More presentation anxiety tips
- Overcoming Presentation Anxiety
- Dealing with difficult audiences
- Presentation quiz
- Vocal and diet tips for presenters
- Improving your Presenting Style
- Using Visual Aids in Presenting
- Making Powerful Presentations
- How to close your presentation
- Attention gaining tips for Public Speakers
- Using Humour in Presentations
- The Importance of FlipCharts in Presentations
- Training stories and anecdotes
- Presentation planning form
- Presentation planning form
- Using transitions in PowerPoint presentations
- Visual aids in PowerPoint presentations
- Powerful PowerPoint presentation tips and techniques
- Delivering the Presentation: Your Visual Image
- A General Checklist for Making Presentations
- How to structure a presentation
- Overcoming presentation fear
- Presentation course – Tips and Techniques