This one-day course has been designed for delegates who are new to training design and delivery and for delegates that simply wish to sharpen their training skills.
Course Aims and Objectives
- The programme is highly participative and experiential – participants design and deliver actual training sessions during the course.
- The program content is based on time-tested training principles including modules on: learning theory, setting objectives, design, delivery, use of visual aids, audience facilitation and evaluation methods. We have placed a great emphasis on the use of positive reinforcement to develop the skills needed to design and deliver quality training programmes.
- All sessions are covered in a comprehensive Train The Trainer course manual that doubles as a useful post-course reference for future development
Delegates will be competent to design, implement and present both short form and long form training courses. By the end of this course delegates will have the skills to:
- Design a training programme
- Organise the logistics of a training course
- Deliver the training to desired objectives
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training
- Assess the competence of the delegates
Pre/Post Course Support
Prior to conducting a course your training co-ordinator will have had the opportunity to liaise with one of our lead trainers who will begin to breakdown your companies objectives.
A key part of their process is understanding what led to your decision to improve your team.
We will incorporate all your current training materials to build in effective role plays and discussions suited specifically to your organisational needs.
Before each course delegates will have completed:
- The pre-course questionnaire (Including personal objectives for the session)
- A 5 minute training session that will be delivered during the course.
After the course each delegate will receive:
- A CPD Accredited Certificate
- A Comprehensive course manual
- Additional resources beneficial to your continued learning
- Video analysis and critique (Depending on delegate numbers)
Your organisation will receive:
- Constructive feedback on the delegates progression
- A roadmap for continued learning specifically to your needs
Proposed One-Day Course Agenda
This is a proposed agenda for the course.
Morning – 9.30-1.00 / Afternoon – 2.00-4.00
How to write and structure training
“What am I going to say?” is one of the fears of new trainers. A good course will follow an identifiable sequence and satisfy the group’s expectations. We will examine two simple and highly effective methods of structuring courses and generating meaningful content.
The importance of planning, and timing
With the plethora of training options at your disposal, it is vital to plan the one which will achieve the training objectives using the best use of the available resources. We will examine the ways that training sessions can be put together to maximise learning opportunities within the time allocated.
Learn how to pitch your approach at the right level
It’s not what you know, it’s how you say it. We will examine in detail the ways of increasing delegate communication skills and how to relate the training concept to all levels of knowledge, experience and intellect.
Generate innovative and creative ideas to stimulate and maintain interest
People learn quicker and retain more information if training is conducted in a way which allows them to get involved, challenge, participate and enjoy the process. How to increase individual creativity is the challenge of most trainers. We will demonstrate ways of analysing and releasing latent creativity.
Delivery skills maximising body language and communication
The old adage “It’s not what you say but how you say it” is as relevant to training delivery as ever. As we examine visual and vocal images and how they impact upon communication, delegates can assess their own presentation styles and maximise on their strengths as a presenter.
The importance of constructive feed back
Critique is an important part of a skills based training session. Delegates will be shown techniques to analyse and evaluate trainee performance; give clear, accurate feedback to promote understanding and build repeatable skills.
Do’s and Don’ts of technical presentations
We will highlight some of the common pitfalls trainers sometimes make when presenting and training technical subjects. We will also give tips and techniques about making this type of presentation interesting and impactful.
One-to-one training demands superior communication and feedback skills from the trainer. Through discussion and role-play we will allow delegates to understand how to explain, question, review, critique and constructively criticise trainee’s performance. We will examine concepts of coaching which are non-directional and allow the trainee to develop their thinking and decision making processes.
Handling difficult trainees
Difficult and uncomfortable situations can occur due to a clash of personalities. By recognising the characteristics and behaviours people demonstrate, delegates will be able to engage proven techniques to avoid conflict.
Our In-House courses are tailored to your requirements and delivered at your premises. Unlike most companies, we charge for the hire of the trainer rather than per delegate, this allows you to vary delegate numbers at no extra charge! We normally recommend between 6-12 delegates per course but this can be discussed when commissioning the training course. Our trainers will always try to accommodate your budget.
All course documentation and preparation work is also provided as part of the fee. The only additional charge would be travel expenses (and accommodation if appropriate) for those clients based outside Central London.
Below you are able to view our typical In House Agenda’s for each course, simply click on the links. Please bear in mind that the course’s can be tailored to your needs and you can also collaborate different topics from each course and Build Your Own Course!
If you would like to talk to one of our trainers directly in further depth about your In-Company training requirements, please contact us and this will be arranged. Our number is 0208 269 1177
Live, Virtual Remote Training Courses via Zoom, Teams or Webex
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 1 Day Course – £895 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – 2 Day Course – £1790 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Live, Virtual Remote Course – £600 plus VAT
Face to Face In-House Training Courses
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 1 Day Course – £1495 plus VAT
- In-House Full Day – Face- To-Face Course – 2 Day Course – £2990 plus VAT
- In-House Half Day – Face- To-Face Course – £895 plus VAT
All delegates will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate upon completion
Download – Train the Trainer – Typical Proposal
- Train The Trainer – How to deliver online live training using Zoom.com – Top 10 tips to make your training courses run like magic
- Working from Home – Top 10 tips for organising your time and your family
- Working From Home Podcasts
- Best Websites for Training Skills Resources
- Best Resources for Stress Management
- Best Resources for Presentation Skills
- Best Resources for Time Management
- Best Resources for Sales
- Best Websites for Coaching Skills Resources
- Best Websites for Assertiveness Skills Resources
- Online ECDL Courses
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Writing effective coaching notes
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Establishing Effective Coaching Aims and Objectives
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Setting SMART objectives for coaches
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – 10 key ‘don’ts’ for effective coaching
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Pros and cons of on-the-job coaching
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Giving effective feedback
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – When to coach
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – How to conduct a coaching session
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – What are the benefits of Coaching?
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Who do you choose to coach?
- Nine confidence boosters for trainers
- Tips on How to Make Them Listen
- Training the Trainer: Develop your Aims and Objectives
- Train the Trainer Podcast
- Question techniques in Group Training
- Delivering Effective Course Content
- Training stories and anecdotes
- Stages of Competence in Training
- Training the Trainer: Stages Of Competence