An account manager is the liaison between an agency and its clients. They oversee the company-client relationship, determining clients’ needs—what they’re looking to achieve short-term and long-term—and ensuring the agency delivers.
The primary responsibilities of account managers are to foster client relationships; work with sales and marketing teams to prepare presentations and sales pitches; design marketing strategies and media proposals; handle client communications and write client reports; and communicate client agendas to other staff members.
Monitoring budgets, spending and revenue, and explaining cost factors to clients are also part of the gig.
Some account managers are responsible for identifying new clients and potential business opportunities as well as upselling products and services.
Presentation goes along way. How you present your information, can boost the sentiment of positive reporting or hedge the negativity of only “okay” information. Graphs, graphics, and imagery can change the way your client views information and can help them to easily visualize figures and statistics.
Account Management Course Agenda
Morning 9:30 – 1:00
- Sales skills for non-sales people
- Organisation strategies for future sales
- Account planning for initial contacts and follow up calls
- Understanding ‘why’ customers buy
- How to make quality appointments
- Questioning techniques
Afternoon 2:00 – 5:30
- Active listening and summarising skills
- Selling benefits
- Recognising buying motives and identifying buying signals
- Closing skills
- Handling objections
- The Power of ‘Following Up’
- Customer Style Analysis
- Action planning
Who will benefit from the course?
This course is designed for sales staff to:
- Promote the organisation’s products and services to existing and new clients
- Generate extra income from these products and services
- Support the objectives and core values of the organisation
- Develop a consistency of approach when selling over the phone
- Project a professional and positive image with each call they make
For this reason, it is written with both the customer’s and the company’s needs in mind to maximise on potential sales and client loyalty.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements