People at all levels of an organisation have to run meetings and they have responsibility for making the best use not only of their own time but that of the other participants too. That means learning more than just excellent meeting technique. It means involving and focusing the group, using the power of persuasion and reaching agreement constructively.
This course will enable people to organise and chair meeting that are more effective and more motivating for those that attend.
Managing Meetings Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- The eight Golden rules of running the effective meeting
- Establishing the aims and purpose of meetings
- Typical roles of participants within the meeting
- How to construct the perfect agenda
- Opening the meeting and establishing ground rules
- Managing the social objective against the task objective
- Keeping the meeting on track and meaningful
- Rules for effective tele/video conferencing
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Effective communication skills within meetings
- Listening and questioning skills; summarising and giving feedback
- Establishing priorities within the meeting
- How to set realistic objectives
- Understanding how groups work within the meeting environment to create effective action points
- Handling conflict within meetings
- Dealing with difficult people – talkative, aggressive, obstructive, and unresponsive behaviours
- How to evaluate the meeting and track outcomes
- Avoiding the common pitfalls that cause meeting to fail
- How to plan for different types of meetings
- Performance planning
- Appraisal meetings
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Role-play (using video/audio feedback depending on group size).
- Video scenarios with discussion.
- Group discussion.
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Each organisation has its own specific way of planning, organising, conducting and evaluating the performance appraisal process. Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget.
The training subjects and recommended timings are shown below. You are able to choose the training sessions and build your own course within an agreed course schedule.
The benefits to you are:
- The course fits your organisational needs exactly
- You are able to set courses which are more applicable to different departments and groups within your organisation
- You can plan the course to fit your budget
- You are more in control of the course content