Course Price is £295 + VAT
Interviewing skills for the interviewee
The aim of this one-day course is teach delegates the tips, techniques, strategies and the art of the successful recruitment interview.
Course aims and objectives for interviewees
- To enable delegates to evaluate the most effective ways of responding to questions
- To enable delegates to prepare for effective selection interviews
- To describe some of the most important interviewing skills.
- To give an understanding of the pitfalls for interviewees that are badly prepared
All delegates will be videoed at least once in realistic interview situations and the video critiqued for performance and effectiveness. Each delegate will be encouraged to complete in individual performance action plan that will enable them to follow-up the key learning points of the day.
Within the course we will also be looking at:
- Interview planning
- How to structure your responses to questions
- Building rapport and creating great first impressions
- How to be in control when dealing with tough interviewers
- Simple body language analysis and how to maximise your verbal image
- How to impress the interviewer with your responses
- Understanding and overcoming an interviewers ‘first impressions’ and personal prejudices
- Active listening exercises
Interviewing Skills for the Interviewee Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Understanding the interview from the interviewers point of view
- What are interviewers looking for and how to match expectation with reality. We will also discuss the factors that research has shown impress interviewers
- Common mistakes made by interviewees
- Understand the key factors that put interviewers off and how to avoid them.
- How to plan for the interview
- Matching interview requirements to current skills. Expecting the unexpected and how to plan for contingencies. We will also discuss proven methods for increasing confidence and how to minimise your reactions to fear.
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Opening effectively – creating great first impressions
- Delegates will learn how to influence the ‘vital first 90 seconds’ and increase their confidence. This will also include communication tips that impress interviewers. Delegates will role-play and receive feedback using video/audio.
- Maximising your visual image – body language and dress
- Body language tips. Understanding your own strengths and weaknesses and how to build on your strengths.
- Communication skills for interviewees
- Active listening skills and how to answer the awkward question confidently.
- Planning your responses and how to answer questions assertively and confidently. We will also discuss answers to typical interview questions.
- Dealing with difficult interviews
- In this session we will discuss the various tactics that interviewers use within the interview. We will give delegates the skills to spot ‘what the interviewer is up to’ and how to respond both confidently and professionally.
Proposed methods of training will include:
- Role-play (using video/audio feedback depending on group size).
- Video scenarios with discussion.
- Group discussion.
All delegates will receive a workbook that doubles as an excellent post course reference manual.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
Online courses from £15.00
Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Click HERE for more online courses
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Controlling Bias
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Dealing with Difficult Candidates
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P5
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P4
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P3
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P2
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: QUESTIONING SKILLS P1
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Interview Structure
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Preparing for the interveiw P2 – EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Preparing for the interveiw P1 – THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Skilful Selection
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: The Equality Act 2010
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: 60 of the Most Commonly Asked Interview Questions
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: Effective recruitment interviewing
- Interviewing Skills Training Course: The lighter side – Recruiting anecdotes