All our open courses can be trained as live, virtual and remote courses and workshops. Please click on the link to view our course schedule and calendar.
Course Price is £295 + VAT per person.
Assertion means standing up for what you want. Stating your needs clearly. It means expressing opposition. It means confrontation and it takes courage. Some find it harder than others because of their natural easy-going style and therefore more practice is required. However, the aim should not be just to gain a win. The aim should be to solve the problem and get the best result. Assertion should not be synonymous with aggression because aggressive people adopt a ‘I win – you lose’ mentality to achieve their objectives.
This course will allow delegates to develop confidence and self-esteem so that their opinions will no longer go un-noticed in the workplace. Assertiveness training will provide delegates with effective tactics to build courage and defy work bullies. Those who have attended the courses have expressed that becoming more assertive at work was made easier once they applied the techniques gained from the seminar.
Assertiveness does not come naturally to all because we have all learned passive behaviours to stave off confrontational situations. However these behaviours can be unlearned and assertive behaviour used to produce results that benefit both parties. Assertiveness training courses and workshops can help delegates increase work effectiveness and productivity, achieve greater control of their daily activities and overcome work stressors.
Assertiveness Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Introduction/course aims and objectives
- Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
- Questionnaire-Assertiveness style analysis
- Understanding stress and assertiveness
- Analysing our specific reactions in pressure situations
- Becoming more assertive
- Understanding your rights
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- How to increase your self confidence
- Getting advice
- Tips for assertive delivery
- Positive assertion
- Giving feedback
- Handling conflict
- Action planning and course paperwork
- Questions and answers
Course Dates – Click on date to book
Who will benefit from the course
Our assertive training seminars enable delegates to understand the processes which will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement. Anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of effective, assertive communication. Senior/junior managers, directors, administrative and technical staff have found the following benefits from attending our course:
- Increased productivity through more effective communication
- Increased confidence handling difficult behaviour in others
- Reduced interruptions at work
- Gained more time for creative and development opportunities
- Managed time more effectively and enjoyed greater self-esteem
- Improved decision making and reduction in procrastination
- Able to manage colleagues and friends effectively
- Enjoyed a more balanced lifestyle
- Increased work effectiveness and productivity
- Felt more in control of their daily activities
- Reduced stress levels
“Overall I felt the course was extremely useful, as the day was targeted to the specific problems of the group. The small size of the group was another factor that I liked, as this helped me to relax and participate more than I would have done on a larger course.” John Priestly, Prospect Technology
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for positive assertion. We may use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
- Assertiveness self-assessment
- Learn to recognise assertive behaviour and its positive results in the workplace
- Developing assertive body language
- Developing confidence and self-esteem
- Developing an assertive vocal image
- Giving feedback, criticism and praise
- Understanding and asserting your rights
- Challenging and changing negative and destructive internal dialogue
- Accessing external resources and self-help strategies
- Simple assertive techniques and exercises
- Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours in yourself and others
- Reacting to and managing aggressive and passive behaviours in others
- Practice assertive behaviour
- Individual rights and responsibilities
- Taking the first steps to becoming assertive
- How to say “no” with confidence and without feeling guilty
- Standing up for yourself and stating your point of view confidently
- Understanding the link between stress and assertiveness
- Handling conflict and aggressive behaviour
- Negotiating assertively with colleagues
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
Questions we Answer:
- What is assertiveness?
- What are assertiveness skills?
- What is assertiveness training?
- What is assertive discipline?
- What is assertive mentoring?
- How to be assertive?
- How to be assertive as a manager?
- How to be assertive at work?
- How to be assertive without being aggressive?
- How to be assertive but respectful?
- How to be more assertive in life?
- When to be assertive?
- When to be assertive at work?
- When not to be assertive?
- Examples of when to be assertive?
- Why is assertiveness important?
- Why is assertiveness important in the workplace?
- Why is assertiveness important in business?
- Why is assertiveness communication an effective strategy?
- Why is assertiveness communication important?
- Why is assertiveness important in leadership?
- why is assertive communication important in the workplace?
- Why is it important to communicate to suppliers assertively?
- Assertiveness techniques
- Assertiveness and stress
- Assertiveness communication examples
- Types of assertive communication
- Assertive vs. Aggressive communication
- Assertiveness in the workplace
- Assertive personality
- Communicating assertively without being passive-aggressive
- Habits that make you more assertive
- Stand up for yourself without being rude
- Developing positive assertiveness
- Assertive behaviour
- examples of assertive behaviour in the workplace
- examples of work situations where it is necessary to be assertive
- Assertive phrases examples
Assertiveness skills, Dealing With Difficult People, Stress Management and Time Management are some of the courses trained by Total Success Training in London and throughout the UK. We have over 18 years experience training people on strategies to improve productivity and enhance self development.
Total Success Assertiveness Skills Courses
Our one-day Assertiveness Skills courses will provide delegates with valuable tips and information. Click on the links below for information on the following:
- Managing difficult people
- Assertive behaviour
- Improving self confidence
- Improving assertiveness
- Dealing with aggressive people
- Managing conflict
- Being firm with members of staff
- Dealing with bullying at work
- Assertiveness Skills one day course
- Assertiveness and Managing Conflict one day course
Assertiveness Skills – 1 day course
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Giving effective feedback
- Leadership Training Newsletter – Making the best of your job
- How to set goals and achieve them using tactics
- Assertiveness Skills training courses Assertiveness Skills Rules of Assertiveness
- Handling Very Difficult Customers – Training course and newsletter information
- Assertiveness Skills training courses: Assertion Self Analaysis
- Assertiveness Skills and Managing Conflict: Simple Assertiveness Techniques
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Time Management Training Courses, Training Newsletter – Managing Meetings
- Assertiveness Skills training courses: Assertion self-analysis test2
- Assertiveness Training Course: Simple Assertiveness Techniques
- Assertiveness Training Course: Assertiveness Links
- Assertiveness Training Course: Our top tips to becoming assertive