All our open courses can be trained as live, virtual and remote courses and workshops. Please click on the link to view our course schedule and calendar.
Course Price is £295 + VAT per person.
In today’s challenging times, highly productive and motivated staff are key to business survival. More and more managers are tasked with improving standards of staff performance and behaviour and implementing good work practices. Managers throughout the UK have to cope with many challenges, whether improving poor performance or managing underperformers in the workplace.
We receive many requests from managers who wish to know; ‘how to correct poor performance?’; ‘how to fire difficult employees?’; ‘how to get rid of poor staff performance?’ or ‘what’s the best way to sack someone?’. These managers clearly have a discipline or performance problem and are seeking an easy way to get rid of poor staff performance but they may lack the skills necessary to ‘turn around the difficult or challenging employee’.
Our one-day ‘Correcting Poor Performance and Disciplinary Procedures Course’ addresses the problem that, in a recent survey showed that 75% of UK managers were unaware of the correct procedures for how to discipline employees effectively. It’s not just about getting rid of difficult staff, the modern manager must know the correct procedures for dealing with under-performing staff and how to conduct a disciplinary meeting effectively.
Many delegates have commented on the effectiveness of the course in giving them tips and techniques for improving staff performance; understanding what is a disciplinary procedure; carrying out a disciplinary meeting and interview effectively.
Ultimately, by using the recognised ACAS procedures for disciplining staff you will not just get rid of poor staff performance, but get the most out of your staff.
Disciplinary Procedures Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Defining problems and problem employees
- The causes of disciplinary and performance problems
- Your impact on discipline and performance
- Investigating, fact finding and documenting evidence
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Effective action plans
- Planning the disciplinary meeting
- Interviewing skills
- Essential follow-up and keeping the employee on track
Who will benefit from the course?
The types of delegate we have trained previously are:
- Directors and senior managers
- Managers, department heads, team leaders and supervisors
This course allows managers and supervisors to examine safe disciplinary practice and demonstrates tried and tested ways to ‘turn around’ poorly performing employees. The aim of this course is to provide a practical insight into the handling of disciplinary and dismissal issues. We will show:
- How to avoid disciplinary problems in the first place
- How to create disciplinary rules and disciplinary procedures
- How to deal with disciplinary issues that do occur.
- When dismissal is, and when it is not, the best option
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
Questions we Answer?
- How many stages are in a disciplinary Procedure?
- What happens at a disciplinary hearing?
- What is the ACAS code of practice for disciplinary procedures?
- What are the steps to follow in the disciplinary action process?
- What are the five fair reasons for dismissal?
- Can you be sacked at a disciplinary hearing?
- How many warnings before you get sacked?
- How long does disciplinary stay on record?
- Is there a time limit on disciplinary?
- Can I be dismissed without a disciplinary hearing?
- How to conduct a disciplinary hearing?
- What is the meaning of disciplinary hearing?
- What is the notice period for a disciplinary hearing?
- Who should conduct a disciplinary meeting?
- Who can you take into a disciplinary hearing?
- How to chair a formal disciplinary hearing?
- Disciplinary hearing script
- Disciplinary hearing letter
- How to do a disciplinary haring?
- What can I expect at a disciplinary hearing?
- How do you conduct a disciplinary meeting with an employee?
- How do you conduct a disciplinary investigation?
- What are the steps in the grievance procedure
- What is a formal grievance procedure?
- What should be included in a grievance procedure?
- How do I write a grievance letter?
- How do I file a grievance?
- What is a grievance example?
- What is a formal complaint?
- How do I prepare for a grievance interview?
- What is a grievance settlement?
- How to handle an employees grievance
- How do you resolve employee grievances?
- How do you win a grievance at work?
- Managing a complaint at work
- What are examples of unfair labour practices?
- Can I be sacked for raising a grievance?
- Can my employees take me to a tribunal?
- Grievance resolution procedures
- Grievance policy and procedures
Online courses from £15.00
Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Click HERE for more online courses