Course Price is £590 + VAT
If you are on your way to becoming a new manager or would like to learn the fundamentals of how to become a better manager then this will be the ideal course for you. This course will focus on the essential requirements needed to execute managing for the first time if you are a newly qualified manager and will also allow you to gain knowledge of the skills needed for leading a new team effectively if you are a newly promoted manager.
Total Success is well renowned for our management training courses as we cater to all levels of management. We are able to design courses for specific needs, whether it be improving management skills or providing management refresher training.
This course is designed for newly appointed managers and supervisors. Its modular approach builds into a toolkit of essential management skills and gives practical ‘real life’ examples, scenarios and techniques to enable the New Manager to manage with confidence. We place great emphasis on workshops, role-plays, active participation and group discussion to allow the knowledge to be understood and used quickly and easily in the work place.
The course consists of a series of six modules which are taught over the two days. After each session delegates will be given work assignments and post-course action plans which reinforce the skills and techniques taught on each session. Each assignment is designed to be reviewed after one month with the delegate’s line manager so the knowledge gained is assessed and analysed.
Each module comes with its own set of notes and follow up exercises and builds into a portfolio of management skills.
The New Manager Course Agenda
1. Situational leadership
This module covers the role of a leader; understanding leadership styles; assessing your team development needs; building rapport and team motivation. An important aspect of leadership is appraising staff and improving performance; the following link gives you information on planning an appraisal and setting objectives.
2. Communication skills
How well a manager communicates with his/her staff determines the team’s future success. This module shows you how to assess and develop your communication skills; how to give effective feedback; how to motivate when giving bad news and how to improve your conversation control. For more information about giving feedback, click on the following page: Giving feedback
3. How to delegate effectively
One of the true skills of a good manager is the ability to delegate. Effective delegate is one of the signs of a strong, effective leader. We will cover the ‘What, How and Why’ of delegation and show how it allows the new manager to develop individuals within the team and increase morale.
4. Team building
Building a strong, willing and committed team takes time and effort, but nothing gives a manager a greater sense of satisfaction and achievement. Covered in this module are team building exercises; setting targets and performance reviews; developing the individual and appraisal training.
5. Time and priority management
If you are not managing yourself then you can’t manage other people effectively. This module shows delegates how to recognise their most important tasks and how to prioritise them, how to best organise their time and the key skills to being both effective and productive. Click here for more tips on time management, delegation and people management
6. Training a winning team
One of the best way to build a team is to train them properly. This module covers presentation skills; on the job and classroom training; the learning circle and how to assess the effectiveness of your training.
Who will benefit from the course?
This training programme equips delegates with the necessary skills and techniques to manage their team and perform to the best of their abilities.
- It allows delegates, in a risk free environment, to understand the essential processes of good communication.
- It enables delegates to fully understand the key processes of effective delegation and motivation.
- It gives the tools necessary to be able to take responsibility in a number of situations, ranging from simple to very complex.
- This allows delegates to see the benefits of informed decision making and taking action versus procrastination and indecision.
A breakdown of each module is shown below – Each module comes with its own set of notes and follow up exercises and builds into a portfolio of management skills.:
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements.
- Training course manuals – for sale
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – When to coach
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – How to conduct a coaching session
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – What are the benefits of Coaching?
- Coaching for Managers training course newsletter – Who do you choose to coach?
- Motivation Podcasts – How to motivate your team – Leadership and Teambuilding
- Motivation Podcasts – The key stages of motivating others – Leadership and Teambuilding
- Motivation Podcasts – Setting Goals and Targets – Leadership and Teambuilding
- Productive Emails – 10 Top Tips
- How to set goals and achieve them using tactics
- Nine confidence boosters for trainers
- Tips on How to Make Them Listen
- Leadership and Teambuilding Training Courses – Survey: Nearly 25% of Leaders Breach Conduct Guidelines
- New Manager Training Newsletter – Vocal Elements of Communication in Leadership
- Dealing with conflict and aggression
- Disciplinary Training Newsletter – How to assess your problem employee
- Leadership Training Course Newsletter – Aims and Objectives for the New Manager
- Leadership Training Newsletter – Management Superstars
- New Manager Training Course Newsletter – How great can you Delegate – 2
- New Manager Training course newsletter – How great can you Delegate -1
- Leadership Training course newsletter – Giving Praise and Feedback
- What is your Managerial Style?
- Situational Leadership for Coaches
- Personality and stress
- Dealing with difficult people – the aggressive person
- Dealing with difficult people – the arrogant person
- Tips for dealing with Difficult People
- Dealing with difficult people at work
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Handling conflict in appraisals
- Training the Trainer: Stages Of Competence
- Time Management Training Courses, Training Newsletter – Managing Meetings
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Planning an appraisal or performance review
- How to deal with difficult people
- Why should your staff work from home?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Creating Good Performance through Praise