Appraisal Skills – 1 day training course – CPD Accredited and Certified
When it comes to employee performance appraisals, setting SMART objectives and giving constructive feedback are essential skills for any manager and our appraisal training courses show delegates how to carry out appraisal and performance reviews successfully.
This one-day appraisal course will teach delegates how to raise the motivation of employees and improve performance through setting objectives; giving effective feedback and praise. Our performance management course also provides tips and techniques for managing conflict in appraisals as well as showing delegates how to write effective performance reviews quickly, easily and effectively. Delegates who have taken our appraisal courses have gone on to see a dramatic increase in staff performance through applying the strategies they have learnt in the art of ‘appraising employees successfully’.
Appraisal skills, Management Skills, The New Manager are some of the courses trained by Total Success Training in London and throughout the UK. We have over 18 years experience training people on strategies to improve productivity and enhance self development.
Other appraisal pages can be found by clicking the links below:
- Appraisal course information
- Practical appraisal skills
- Planning an appraisal and setting objectives
- Giving feedback in an appraisal
Other courses run by Total Success are Assertiveness skills, Stress Management and Time Management. If you require further information on our training courses please call 020 8269 1177 (in the UK), (+44) 20 8691 1199 (world-wide) or contact Total Success at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be delighted to discuss your needs and provide practical answers.
- May 12, 2015
- May 18, 2015
- June 11, 2015
- July 13, 2015
- August 17, 2015
- September 14, 2015
- October 14, 2015
Who will benefit from the course?
Our appraisal training seminars enable delegates to understand the processes which will make them more effective and increase their confidence and sense of achievement. Anyone who needs to master the principles and practices of an effective performance review; including senior/junior managers, supervisors, training/hr managers, directors, administrative and technical staff.
All delegates will receive a CPD Accredited Certificate upon completion
What will delegates learn?
- how to structure the interview
- how to build rapport and relax the appraisee
- how to avoid appraisal pitfalls
- how to praise and criticise constructively
- how to pre-empt and handle difficult situations
- how to complete the appraisal form clearly and objectively
- how to ensure great performance is maintained after the appraisal
Appraisals Course Agenda
Morning – 9.30-1.00
- Understanding the appraisal process
- Planning the appraisal
- The pre appraisal meeting
- The interview structure
- Interviewing and questioning skills
- Reviewing past performance
- How to praise performance and constructively criticise
Afternoon – 2.00-5.30
- Discussing poor performance fairly
- Setting clear and realistic objectives
- Essential follow up
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Role-play of typical appraisal scenarios
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Online courses from £15.00
Total Success Training Ltd have teamed up with the UK’s leading online training providers to bring you the very best in online training!
Total Success Training was established in 1995 and have achieved considerable success by working closely with our clients. We understand the needs and aspirations of our clients and provide practical solutions to satisfy their long-term objectives. Virtual College, also founded in 1995, is one of the leading providers of e-learning in the UK and have provided online courses to individuals and companies across the world, breaking down the boundaries of traditional learning to deliver cost reducing, time efficient training. Together we endeavor to bring you the very best in online training!
Click on the links below for further information.
Click HERE for more online courses
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
- All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Each organisation has its own specific way of planning, organising, conducting and evaluating the performance appraisal process. Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget.
The training subjects and recommended timings are shown below. You are able to choose the training sessions and build your own course within an agreed course schedule.
The benefits to you are:
- The course fits your organisational needs exactly
- You are able to set courses which are more applicable to different departments and groups within your organisation
- You can plan the course to fit your budget
- You are more in control of the course content
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – How to complete an Appraisal Form
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Opening the Appraisal and Questioning the Candidate
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Assessing the Candidate Excercise
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Assessing the Candidate
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal Preperation
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal checklist
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – The Pre Appraisal Meeting
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Training the Appraisers
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Why do Appraisal Systems Fail?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – The Business Risks?
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Appraisal Benefits
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Handling conflict in appraisals
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Giving feedback in an appraisal
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Planning an appraisal or performance review
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Practical appraisal skills
- Performance Appraisal Training Courses – Creating Good Performance through Praise