Mediation Skills Training course – 1 day course – CPD Accredited and Certified
Course Cost £295 + VAT (discounted from £354 + VAT) – Buy 1 course get another Half Price click HERE for booking form
The role of the mediator is to help parties reach a solution to their problem and to arrive at an outcome that both parties are happy to accept. Mediators avoid taking sides, making judgements or giving guidance. They are simply responsible for developing effective communications and building consensus between the parties. The focus of a mediation meeting is to reach a common sense settlement agreeable to both parties in a case.
For a mediator to be successful he or she must possess a wide range of skills. One of the most important, but perhaps least appreciated, is the ability to actively listen to what a party is saying and to note what the party is not saying. All too often we hear what we expect someone to say rather than what is actually said. It is a fundamental principle that mediators must not prejudge the case nor impose their own prejudices on the parties. Furthermore, a mediator has to be able to tune into “where the speaker is coming from” and read the “sub text” or hidden messages given out by the parties.
Assertiveness skills, Dealing With Difficult People, Stress Management and Time Management are some of the courses trained by Total Success Training in London and throughout the UK. We have over 18 years experience training people on strategies to improve productivity and enhance self development.
- June 27, 2013
- July 31, 2013
- August 27, 2013
- September 26, 2013
- October 29, 2013
- November 27, 2013
- December 19, 2013
Who will benefit from the course?
This course is of value to professionals and managers in organisations, wishing to introduce mediation to handle workplace conflict swiftly and cost effectively and who handle the following:
- Hostile negotiators
- Conflict with colleagues and other departments
- Aggressive and hostile behaviour from senior colleagues and management
- Defensive and angry reactions from team members
- Continual negativity from colleagues and project team
Delegates will learn how to:
- Gain a full understanding of mediation and other forms of conflict resolution
- Use mediation to resolve workplace conflict
- Prepare effectively for a mediation
- What process to follow
- Deal with conflict in the mediation itself
- Handle stalemate situations
- When and how to conclude a mediation meeting
Mediation Skills Course Agenda
9.30AM – 5.30PM
- The Pros and Cons of mediation
- Taking a strategic approach to dispute and conflict resolution
- Preparing for mediation
- Understanding the mediation process
- Essential mediation skills you must master
- Dealing with deadlock
- Closing the mediation and confirming the result
- Understanding when mediation is not appropriate and selecting the right alternative
Our training is carried out in a risk free environment which encourages delegates to practice the skills needed for successful appraisals. We use a number of training methods including role-play, video, audio, workshops and group exercises to enhance the learning process.
Why choose Total Success for your training?
- our lead trainers have over 18 years experience in training
- a maximum of 8 delegates means more time spent on individual needs
- we guarantee to run the course and will never cancel at the last moment
- free subscription to our monthly training newsletter
All open courses are trained in Central London at the St Giles Hotel.
Each delegate receives a comprehensive training workbook that doubles as an open course manual. Courses run from 9.30-5.30 with lunch and refreshments provided.
Total Success have developed a series of in-house training modules. These are designed so that an organisation can pick the training which is more applicable to its own needs and budget. Please call us to discuss your specific requirements
- Training course manuals - for sale
- Mediators' Opening Statement
- Good Practice Guidelines For Mediators
- The Stages Of Mediation
- Process Outline For Successful Mediations
- Mediation skills and mediating conflict
- So, what is Mediation?
- When Can You Use Mediation
- Managing Your Triggers
- How Great Can You Mediate?
- Five Basic Methods for Resolving Conflict
- Mediation - Conflict in the Workplace